Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Zarawigs?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Heaven_lei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heaven_lei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zarawigs?
    Posted: April 12 2008 at 9:28am
Hello Ladies,
has anyone ever ordered from her...how were her units?? i've been told her AA texture is a little thick...those who have ordered from her do you find that to be true. I love her units on her website the hair looks gorgeous, i just dont want to have to do a whole bunch of thinning and adjustments if i order from her. Also i  was told her AA are yaki by looking at the pictures, what do you think is that true or are the units on zara light yaki..??? any thoughts greatly appreciated!!!
meechie2cute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meechie2cute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2008 at 12:23pm
Girl, Zara wigs are so thick! You would spend days thinning out those wigs.
lindavee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lindavee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2008 at 2:58pm
Yes ,they are very thick and u will have to do adjustments
Asia35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asia35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2008 at 3:48pm
IA   ALOT OF HAIR!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heaven_lei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2008 at 4:39pm
thanks so much ladies for ur input guess i wont be orderin from them
Unladylikediva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unladylikediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2008 at 4:40pm
It's alot of hair!!!!I had to thin for days....but I finally got her the way I wanted.  I have the AA Texture.  IMO it is definatley Lite Yaki but it is also IR so maybe that's why....but some days it looks like AA hair and somedays to me it looks just like Indian hair...I hope that makes since.  But just recently I went to go see a couple of college girlfriends and they were asking me all types of questions about what type of relaxer I use, because it sure was the bomb and it had my hair looking very healthy. HTH
griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2008 at 5:19pm
Hi,

IMHO:  Overpriced and needy!  They look beautiful on the site and all, but everyone reports that they are obnoxiously thick.  You'd be better off with a custom order from a CV or if you go with an AV, use one who actually wears lfs and looks good!
Nemesiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nemesiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2008 at 6:46pm
Yes, the pics of their unit are gorgeous, I go there periodically just to admire, but I had no idea Zara wigs were so thick until I read it here.  Most women seem to be satisfied with their units aside from the density from what I've read.  It would be nice of them to add a customer gallery of pics to see their units on real people.  I've seen a few fotki pics maybe do a search for the pics.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unladylikediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2008 at 7:32pm
They actually do have one picture posted on the website.  Here's the link: http://www.zarawigs.com/section.php/10/1/bae28aa1be2023c68c32c1e5467df4c2

I've spoken with Michelle and she says many people don't send pictures with the unit on because there's no inscentive to send a picture.  I simply replied that offer a discount towards your next order...she replyed with they do.  Well IMO apparently it's not much of a discount to make people want to post a picture.....I'll take my money and go to a CV and still get a better price. Posted picture or not.

ETA: Link to the picture.

Edited by Unladylikediva - April 12 2008 at 7:33pm
DonnaB63 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnaB63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2008 at 8:03pm
I own a few units from Zara.  One I purchased about two and a half years ago off her eBay website, and the other about a year ago.  The first one was a mono-top unit that they no longer carry and it was one of the best units I've ever owned.  When they first got started, they would custom blend colors and textures in-house, so they aren't able to duplicate those original lace units.  The same thing with the cap construction.  About a year and a half ago I tried to purchase the same mono top unit, and Michelle told me that when they made those units, they didn't keep track and record cap numbers so there was no way she could re-create the same unit for me.  Such a shame because the cap is still in great condition and the mono top is the most realistic looking I've seen.  The more recent unit I purchased is a little on the thick side.  But since it also shed a lot, I am glad I didn't try to thin it out in the beginning.  The density is pretty much perfect now.  Her Malaysian AA texture is a perfect match for relaxed AA hair.  Very believable.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heaven_lei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 1:48am
I mean they look lovely on the website just dont wanna hafta do alot of work once it gets here...so i dunno...
Nemesiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nemesiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 8:50am
thanks for the pic unladylikediva. DonnaB63, I will definitely keep the Malaysian AA texture unit from in mind.  I want my next straight unit to be as close to AA relaxed hair as possible.  I've been moving toward a chinese light yaki but now that you've mentioned the Zara AA Mayalasian I have some things to think about.  I finally decided to teach summer school so of course some of that extra money this summer has to feed my lf hunger.   Every time I go to Zara's website I think of what it costs for one and think I can get 2-3 from a CV.  BUT yet again, I've read no major complaints from Zara customers.  

Edited by Nemesiz - April 13 2008 at 8:53am
blknlovely1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blknlovely1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 4:08pm
Hello Ladies,

I am new to the site. Can someone explain what the initials are for?..I know what AA is (African American)..but the others?.
Also, I have locs and I'm looking to go from locs to a full lace wig. Any suggestions on best full lace wigs?. I have a high forhead and my hair line is starting to recede so..I really have no choice but to do a wig at this point. Am I correct that you can start the hairline on a full lace wig anywhere you want on your own head?

Thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unladylikediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2008 at 5:58pm
Hey blknlovely1,

Welcome to the board.  I wanna point you in the right direction...so I definately suggest you read the Newbie Threads....they are filled with wonderful information that will point you in the right direction.  Once you have read the threads I also suggest you do some of your own research by viewing as many fotki's you can get your hands on.  IMO that's the best visualization you will have! But as far as the initials I'll start a thread for that so many of the newbies can get a better understanding. HTH!!!
diosa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diosa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 4:32pm
the textures are believable
stlstarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stlstarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 1:48am
I am wearing a Zara in my AVI picture.
Lots of thinning required but the cap construction is nice and probably Zara is the most quality vendor I have experienced.
iluvlucy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iluvlucy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 3:23pm
I too am wearing a Zara.  at first I didnt like the Asian Malaysian AA texture until I put it on and now it is my favorite. Love the way it moves.  it isnt too thick IMHO. HTH
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic