Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HELP! my hairs falling out!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
turquoise_girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turquoise_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP! my hairs falling out!
    Posted: November 28 2002 at 6:09pm
Yes, thyroid disease can have a huge impact on hair loss. I have experienced it, it can be pretty scary.
gwatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2002 at 7:25am
You know, I know a woman who experienced the same symptoms and was incorrectly diagnosed with alopecia. As it turns out, she had thyroid problems, and that is what led to her hair loss. Today, however, she has a beautiful thick head of hair.
gwatt
Johan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2002 at 3:05pm
Beautiful Lauren,
How is the situation with your hairloss, are you still losing hair, have you checked with a doctor concerning alopecia. Also you could discuss this with people on the hairloss site!
Johan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2002 at 6:21pm
Lauren, You may have alopecia. If you do , this doesn`t mean you are sick, it simply means your hair is falling out. Some people have alopecia all of their life, others get it at various stages of their life. Check with a doctor. If it`s only alopecia that means you are not sick but you may have hair loss ranging from a little to complete baldness. Check out also the messages on the hair loss site on these messageboards!
turquoise_girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turquoise_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2002 at 6:14pm
Honestly, I would go to the doctor and get checked out and make sure to bring up this issue- and don`t let them say - oh you`ll be fine soon and forget about it. Your hair is often the first thing show you how your body is doing health wise.
Ask any additional questions if you have them...
Lauren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lauren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2002 at 3:48pm
I am a 19 year old, with major hair issues! My hair goes down just passed my shoulders, is curly, and is no longer thick! Everytime I`m in the shower, chunks fall out without me even touching it. Even when I sleep, I wake up with hair all over my sheets. Its falling out at the root- its not breaking like my mom thought.
I dont know what to do! I have been eating healthy, and I`m no more stressed than before!
My hairdresser even gave me special shampoo and conditoner, but it did nothing!
If you have any thougths, I`d love to hear them!
Wishing for the return of my thick hair.
Thanx!
Lauren
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic