Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Summertime Adhesives

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Chic-Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chic-Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 8:25am
Weave4dayz365, I'm so very ready for Summerfest, Taste of Chicago, Milwaukee State Fair, Six Flag's Hurricane Harbor... all those activities that could prove fatal to a bad application! So, I'm hoping to get this adhesive concern of mine resolved before Memorial Day! Wink

BTW, I re-applied my unit last night with Proflex (No Shine)+No Tape. Wow, what a hold! AND it looks unbelievable believable at the hairline, unlike most tapes. Now the only test is to see if the tape can go the distance without turning white or gummy.
Heaven_lei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heaven_lei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 8:47am
Originally posted by NOT W8N NOT W8N wrote:

right now i am using ultra hold... i aint a tape person - i think i just had bad luck... but i get a week hold with the ultra hold...
i want to try EB but i think i am scared- but i am going to st thomas this summer and i want to get my swim on... so i need to start experimenting right away...

Sexi - i think you said that vapon no tape liquid didnt work for you (nor me for that matter) and u use UH and ORWG combo= cause i have both of those and never combo'd it but i may try it...

Girl if you are using UH then you have nothing to be scared about w/ EB....you'll be fine..give it a try....
LovelyLisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovelyLisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 9:01am
Anyone using bluliner tape in the front? Is it shiny?
Chic-Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chic-Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 9:11am
Shiny as a mirror in sunlight.... That's why I switched to Proflex No Shine in the front.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovelyLisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 9:25am
Where do you purchase your proflex from?
Chic-Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chic-Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 9:29am
I found it on eBay. The seller is:   Ynobe Couture Lace Wigs. They're an extremely fast shipper.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovelyLisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 9:38am

Could not find.  I will find tape and try. thanks

candygrl2467 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candygrl2467 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 9:39am
does vapon or davlyn contain tolulene?
Chic-Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chic-Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 9:51am
Hmmmm... not sure. I'll have to check the contents tonight. Anyone else know the answer now?
girlnextdoor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote girlnextdoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 11:51am
i'm currently using davlyn and supertape at the back and my nape is lifting...ugh, so now i'm thinking of using supertape/orwg or PFNS/vapon or PFNS/ST/ORWG...lawd this is crazy!
Chic-Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chic-Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 12:20pm
stay with it, girlnextdoor. You'll find the right combination that works for you. Smile I realize that I can't stay with 1 product and hope it works during all seasons. 

I'm actually getting encouraging results from Proflex No Shine and No Tape. I putting it through the heat test while I'm at work. I have a desk heater pointed at me and so far, so good Wink.
Nemesiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nemesiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 7:21pm
Donnab63, thanks for the scarf tricks, saving it in my lf files for reference purposes later. Wink As for the summer adhesives, right now my goal is to get my nape to last as long as the front.  Just now, I found a roll of proflex tape i had cut three strips applied them at my nape and on the sides, added some davlyn and now I have my scarf secured tightly, said a prayer and now we'll see what happens in the morning.  I'm determined to get a high ponytail going.  With the combos I've tried in the past, they never last past a day.  I'm about to order some redliner tape and no tape and see how that goes. I AM DETERMINED TO GET MY LF ON THIS SUMMER Angry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic