Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I'm a SLOW LEAK to the Part Trick

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NClady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NClady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'm a SLOW LEAK to the Part Trick
    Posted: April 14 2008 at 2:10pm

Sexi, Breh, Curlygirl 11 and anyone else who has a method of doing the part trick.  I have tried ya’ll methods and have not succeededCry… Please do tell, step by step of doing the natural part, right down to what type/color of foundation you are using. Apparently I’m on the slow side, because I just can’t comprehend all the detailsConfused.. You can write it up like I’m a five year-old…I just need to be able to understand…Thank you ladies in advance.  I’m getting depressed of seeing every using the methods and getting absolutely gorgeous parts. Thumbs%20Up

Edited by NClady - April 14 2008 at 2:12pm
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 2:16pm
NATURAL PART:

I have a fool proof way to create a natural part. I believe it has been posted before, but I wanted to share again. The only supplies you will need is transparent bandage tape, foundation powder brush, and powder foundation. Here are the steps:

(Optional) Apply your wig cap. (I am wearing a black wig cap in the pictures. )

1.Dip your powder brush into your shade of foundation. (You can also use your finger, or q-tips). I found that using the foundation powder brush was much easier, and less messy.

2. Lightly brush the back of the bandage  tape (Not the sticky side).

3. Tear or cut the tape, and apply to the inside of the lf cap, where the part will be. Apply the tape about 1/4" away from the hairline (just behind the baby hairs). Do not apply the tape directly on the edge of the lace.

4. Apply the lf , and style as usual.

You should have a fantastic looking part, that looks totally natural, that you wont have to worry about touching up until it's time to remove your lf. The tape is not shiny, so you won't have to worry about that.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100957&navAction=jump&navCount=0&id=prod16193

This is the exact same brand that I used, it can be found at CVS, Walgreens, or any medical supply store.

It's on page 4 of the Newbie Thread
http://public.fotki.com/brehanne/lace-fronts/instuctional/natural-part/
no pw required

Edited to say: I got a lot of PMs of people having trouble trying to get the tape to stick to the inside of the cap. I modified the part trick and got great results

1. Make sure the cap is completely clean and fee of residue
2. Spray the inside of the cap with alcohol and wipe down
3. Spray the inside of the hairspray
4. Then apply your tape and press firmly. You can either brush the powder on the tape before hand or while it is on the cap.

I also saw that NexCare has a similar tape, also 3M too. I have used the 3M and it works just the same.

Also Nexcare has a water proof tape that is flesh tone and resemble scalp color IMO. You can find that at Walgreens and CVS. IT may work for the lighter skin people

Edited by Breh - April 14 2008 at 2:58pm
JLTabron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLTabron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Breh Breh wrote:

NATURAL PART:

I have a fool proof way to create a natural part. I believe it has been posted before, but I wanted to share again. The only supplies you will need is transparent bandage tape, foundation powder brush, and powder foundation. Here are the steps:

(Optional) Apply your wig cap. (I am wearing a black wig cap in the pictures. )

1.Dip your powder brush into your shade of foundation. (You can also use your finger, or q-tips). I found that using the foundation powder brush was much easier, and less messy.

2. Lightly brush the back of the bandage  tape (Not the sticky side).

3. Tear or cut the tape, and apply to the inside of the lf cap, where the part will be. Apply the tape about 1/4" away from the hairline (just behind the baby hairs). Do not apply the tape directly on the edge of the lace.

4. Apply the lf , and style as usual.

You should have a fantastic looking part, that looks totally natural, that you wont have to worry about touching up until it's time to remove your lf. The tape is not shiny, so you won't have to worry about that.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100957&navAction=jump&navCount=0&id=prod16193

This is the exact same brand that I used, it can be found at CVS, Walgreens, or any medical supply store.

It's on page 4 of the Newbie Thread
http://public.fotki.com/brehanne/lace-fronts/instuctional/natural-part/
no pw required

Breh,

Do you have to use a POWDER FOUNDATION?  Can it be a liquid foundation? Confused
NClady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NClady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 2:22pm

Breh, thanks..Are your knots bleached in the picture?

Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 2:28pm
I use the powder mineral makeup. Yes, my knots are bleached, but I just bleached them a little more yesterday because I could still see a few little knots. 
NClady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NClady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 2:30pm
Ok, that is what I must do today, bleach those knots..What did you use to bleach them with and what color of the powder mineral makeup??..I know that you probably answered this before plenty of times...I'm sorry for all the questions too..It's just everytime I see you part, I'm speechless, cause it looks like your scalp.
thedivaisin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedivaisin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 2:38pm
Hey Breh, when you bleach the knots, how do you keep the bleach from bleeding down the roots. Is it just a matter of not using too much or do you have a trick.
Clueless77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clueless77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 2:43pm
I have the hardest time with the part as well.
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 2:45pm
I use the Beyond the Zone On/Off Scalp Bleach kit. You can get it at Sallys or any powder bleach and 30 to 40 developer should be suffice. The color I wear is Coffee and I get it from www.adacosmetics.com

Basically for bleaching the knots, I mix the powder and developer so that it is the consistency of pudding or yogurt so that it is thick and don't run through the holes of the lace. I also make sure that I am very light handed when I put the bleach on the cap.
NClady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NClady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 2:48pm

Hug   Thank you so much Breh, if I ever make it back to Texas I must buy you dinner...

Oh yeah, how long to you let the bleach stay on?
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 2:50pm
if the knots are not bleached it like smashing ants up against tape..  
NClady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NClady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 2:56pm
LOL..you are so right Sexi...
Breh and Sexi you have a PM....
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by NClady NClady wrote:

Hug   Thank you so much Breh, if I ever make it back to Texas I must buy you dinner...

Oh yeah, how long to you let the bleach stay on?

I am a scary cat so I only leave it on for about 10 mins, I then rinse well and check my results. If I need to do more, then I re bleach for about 5 more mins and rinse, wash, condition, and seal. Maybe a few weeks later I re bleach if I see I missed a few that is it.
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 3:17pm
You can also use double sided tape, the same as you use for your apps for the part trick. It should work the same. Just dust one side with the foundation. I haven't tried it myself, but it should work and is stickier than the other tape. 

Edited by Breh - April 14 2008 at 3:17pm
amazon1147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amazon1147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 3:37pm
NC lady we look to be about the same complexion, I use the SH leg spray in Deep Glow (which I believe is the darkest color they have) on my tape parts and it works well. If not then u can get a cheap foundation from the drugstore that matches your skin and use that. Or if u have any family members whose complexion is the same / similar to yours "BORROW" some of there makeup.  From time to time I "BORROW" foundation from my family to use on my wigs.
NClady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NClady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 3:56pm
Thanks...I have the Deep Glow and will try that also.. I got so frustrated this weekend, I got heavy handed and srayed too much Deep Glow into the cap and had to wash my unit again...Confused...

Originally posted by amazon1147 amazon1147 wrote:

NC lady we look to be about the same complexion, I use the SH leg spray in Deep Glow (which I believe is the darkest color they have) on my tape parts and it works well. If not then u can get a cheap foundation from the drugstore that matches your skin and use that. Or if u have any family members whose complexion is the same / similar to yours "BORROW" some of there makeup.  From time to time I "BORROW" foundation from my family to use on my wigs.
amazon1147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amazon1147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 6:44pm

I've done that too!

Edited by amazon1147 - April 14 2008 at 6:44pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic