Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

lace color

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bigmomma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmomma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: lace color
    Posted: April 15 2008 at 11:35am

I don't know what happen to my unit but it looks like the color is fading now it doesnt match  my skin, is there a way that i can color it back, i tried the fabric mate pen but i seen they only have one color at the store. please help!

Chic-Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chic-Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 12:30pm
In the newbie thread, there are steps on how to dye the lace. Have you check there? I believe it's Ritz Dye you'll need... but don't quote me on that. 
Lace Lover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lace Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 6:00pm
You are correct, Rit dye does it, I just did two last week, they came out good.  Make sure you test the color on a piece of spare lace first.
bigmomma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmomma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 6:04pm
 thanks! but  if i do the remover and dip the lace in it wont it take the dye off the hair too?
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by bigmomma bigmomma wrote:

thanks! but  if i do the remover and dip the lace in it wont it take the dye off the hair too?

If you're only dipping the lace the hair should be fine. Sure, a little bit of the roots will also get in the remover but it shouldn't lighten the hair very much (if at all) unless you let the hair soak in the remover for a few minutes. As long as you're just dipping the lace in and out the roots of the hair should be fine.
bigmomma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmomma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 6:55pm
ok i'll try that thanks ladies
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 7:06pm
i see we're talking about two different tips.. the rits dye pen colors the lace to match your skin.. the rits dye remover, removes the color and i don't think that's what you want.. you want to dye it to match right? if so, get the rits dye pen, its probably all that bleaching knots that has lighten it..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic