Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

anybody else in midwest earthquake?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: anybody else in midwest earthquake?
    Posted: April 18 2008 at 5:37pm
girls what in the world is going on up in here, i woke up to a earthquake and i live in Indiana (COLTS FINE AZZ BOB SANDERS) needless to say i am still in shock about it.. then goes to work sitting at my desk and here comes another one, stuff is shaking, i guess after schock like a 4.3 or something!! i'm thinking this ain't fair, we already got tornadoes what is really going on!! JESUS!!!
CoolAzFemale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoolAzFemale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2008 at 5:49pm
Yea, that was CRAZY! I'm not there, but my family is in South Bend. My mom called me this afternoon to tell me about it. I actually experienced my first quake in South Bend when I was a kid, but now that I'm in Cali it's no big deal anymore! But yea, I was surprised to hear about it! My mom said it was a 5.2 or something, she didn't mention the aftershocks!
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2008 at 5:56pm
girl i was tripping it happened at 5: 42 am with the 5.2 so you waking up with the bed shaking i'm like i'm tripping LOL then at work again at 11:15 it was 4.2 am i'm downtown in a office building and it started shaking i'm like i'm leaving see ya later.. LOL what is really going on? they said we might experience after shock of 3 days..
DonnaB63 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnaB63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2008 at 6:05pm
Sign of the times - or that's what my grandma use to say.  It must have been scary as hell to wake up to that.  Ya'll take care, Sexi.  Keep it close to home for the next few days...
Chic-Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chic-Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2008 at 6:09pm
LOL... Sexi, you're hilarious! I'm in the midwest, too. But, I slept through it. I work in the Loop (Chicago) and was in a meeting when the second one hit, again I missed it. This is too scary, so I'm glad I don't feel it. But 3 days of after shocks is too much. I need to break out the tequila now!
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2008 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by DonnaB63 DonnaB63 wrote:

Sign of the times - or that's what my grandma use to say.  It must have been scary as hell to wake up to that.  Ya'll take care, Sexi.  Keep it close to home for the next few days...

i'm saying its definitely the signs of the times, we don't have no earthquakes up in here.. YES it was scary i was like what????????????
Chic-Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chic-Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2008 at 6:19pm
I blame my friend who recently move to Chicago from LA. She brought them with her... LOL I told her she had to move back, IMMEDIATELY.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2008 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by Chic-Geek Chic-Geek wrote:

I blame my friend who recently move to Chicago from LA. She brought them with her... LOL I told her she had to move back, IMMEDIATELY.

girl i'm reconsidering doing my hair tonight i might need to run up outta here in the middle of the night.. LOLLOL
Chic-Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chic-Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2008 at 6:29pm
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... I was, too! LOL
mokkajava View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mokkajava Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2008 at 6:43pm
I'm in Chicago too.  I thought my son was playing a trick on me this morning when my bed started to move.  Then I realized he was still asleep.  I soon heard the walls creak and I was starting to think either I needed a shrink Confusedor a priestEvil%20Smile.

That's when I heard about the earthquake.  I was relievedWink
~~MrsJones~~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~~MrsJones~~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2008 at 7:07pm
I felt the earthquake and aftershock all the way in Tennessee. It wasn't huge or anything but I definitely felt and and so did everyone I know. I'm from Cali and I moved here to avoid eqs. What in the world?
JLTabron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLTabron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2008 at 8:04pm
Hey ladies,

I am in Missouri and I certainly felt.  I was awakened by the bed shaking.  I was thinking what in the world!!!  I was laying there thinking was I dreamin Lord?  Was that a spirit trying to invade my home.  Believe my an earthquake was the last thing on my mind.  Needless to say I was relieved and scared all over again when I found out it was an earthquakeShocked
stlstarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stlstarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2008 at 10:09pm
The funniest thing were the birds. Poor thing had their sleep disrupted by the quaking ground. I imagined some may have fell out of the tree because they were sqeaking and squealing --- not chirping!
weave4dayz365 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weave4dayz365 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2008 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

girl i was tripping it happened at 5: 42 am with the 5.2 so you waking up with the bed shaking i'm like i'm tripping LOL then at work again at 11:15 it was 4.2 am i'm downtown in a office building and it started shaking i'm like i'm leaving see ya later.. LOL what is really going on? they said we might experience after shock of 3 days..

Girl Sexi, I woke up at 4:30 CDT and my bed was shaking and I live north of Chicago,  I was like ' what da hell"!Shocked

It is mos def the sign of the times.  Earth Quakes in divers places

ljdream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljdream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2008 at 7:30am
Geek You know?, come to think of it, my husband heard this loud grumble, like a huge truck passing by, but it lingered on. I didn't pay it no mind, but he was very disturb about it.

Later we find that it was an earthquake and we caught the end trumble all the way here in Michigan.Shocked

fugee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fugee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2008 at 2:46pm

Earthquake? I just thought that one of the upstairs kids had made a 3 point shot again (I live under a 9 and 11 year old with this serious passion for indoor basketball). 

Glad ur OK, Sexi.  (Waves to LJdream from SW Detroit) 

Edited by fugee - April 20 2008 at 2:52pm
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2008 at 3:28pm
girl when i went to the doctor his nurse was telling me her husband got up when the earthquake hit and went for his gun.. she's like girl you know black folks think they can shoot everythang.... LOLLOLLOLLOL she told her husband fool what you gonna do with that.. LOLLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic