Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Advice on coloring over highlights

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
megbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote megbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice on coloring over highlights
    Posted: October 24 2002 at 9:34am
Hi, well I have read several posts already about coloring over highlights (saying it`s too hard). But I thought I would ask anyways. I have the Kelly Ripa look, a angled bob, shorter in back and longer in front with her hair color. I have about 2 inches of regrowth and was just curious about going to Sally`s Beauty Solan to find a way to color my hair this same color (not highlighted anymore, just to save some money). My natural hair color is probaly a 7 (I remember one of my sylist saying a while ago that I was inbetween a 6 and 7, but I have had three children and it seems to me my hair has gotten darker, dirty dish water looking). Is this just too hard and to easy to screw it up? What do you think? What products should I get to do this? Thanks in advance. Christy
threejobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threejobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2002 at 8:44am
I would get a temporary haircolor just to try it out. Products like Casting or Natural Instincts are foolproof. I personally have used Castings to color over my highlighted hair and the results were fabulous. The temp color washes out in 2 weeks, so you can change your mind if you want to. They do not lighten hair but they can freshen it up and give you a nice glow. If you are going to go with the permanent color remember it is better to go too light than too dark, you can always darken but you would need a professional to lighten. Good Luck! P.S What is a 6 or 7 haircolor?
threejobs!
petite Tina View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petite Tina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2002 at 11:27am
Kelly Ripa has a cute style! I agree with above writer on color!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic