Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Do U ever comb curly wavy unit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sierra35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sierra35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do U ever comb curly wavy unit
    Posted: April 23 2008 at 12:20am
Help please first wavy unit, just washed and conditioned it. Question when wet can or do I suppose comb conditioner thru it ? I know your not suppose to comb when wet, but how will I get sm amt tangles out
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2008 at 12:33am
I always comb my curly units out while the conditioner is in them because it's easeir to detangle that way. However, to prevent the hair from being pulled out of the lace cap I don't comb it on the wig stand. Instead, I grip the entire lace cap down by the nape and comb the hair out starting at the very tips and patiently work my way up to the nape to detangle it. This prevents any pressure or pulling on the knots that might cause excessive shedding or bald spots. HTH
sierra35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sierra35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2008 at 12:41am
Thanks so much curly , I will go comb it now , still have condtioner on it.
Tea4Two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tea4Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2008 at 11:11am
Originally posted by Curlygirl11 Curlygirl11 wrote:

I always comb my curly units out while the conditioner is in them because it's easeir to detangle that way. However, to prevent the hair from being pulled out of the lace cap I don't comb it on the wig stand. Instead, I grip the entire lace cap down by the nape and comb the hair out starting at the very tips and patiently work my way up to the nape to detangle it. This prevents any pressure or pulling on the knots that might cause excessive shedding or bald spots. HTH

Yes, good tip.  I do the same. 

Also, if you absolutely MUST comb/brush the unit while it's dry, spray some leave-in conditioner onto your brush/comb and it'll slide through the hair easier and pull on it less.  And only use a wide tooth comb or vent brush.  The best way to comb is with your fingers.

NClady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NClady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2008 at 11:56am

Thank you ladies for the tip... I have a custom wavy unit being made by Jack sun.

Tea4Two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tea4Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2008 at 1:13pm

Another tip for wavy/curly units (since they do tend to tangle a bit more) is to ALWAYS clip your hair up whenever you can.  For instance while I'm in the house, I clip my hair up off my shoulders.  Whenever I drive in my car, I have clips in the glove box for clipping my hair up.  Of course, when I get out of my car, it's always fun to remove the clip and swing my hair around in slow motion (like on the movies) allowing the waves and curls to blow free in the breeze. LOL
ShowStoppers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShowStoppers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2008 at 2:08pm
Yes, I hardly ever put my unit on the wig head when wet. I usually place my curly units on the counter and comb through it when wet. 
candygrl2467 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candygrl2467 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2008 at 8:07am
Well I usually comb through wet and dry and but first I finger comb first and divide the hair into several pieces and braid them to keep them from tangling. And then I comb section by section from the tips up. And I have not had any shedding at all since I got this unit. 
Chocolatey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chocolatey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2008 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by Tea4Two Tea4Two wrote:

Another tip for wavy/curly units (since they do tend to tangle a bit more) is to ALWAYS clip your hair up whenever you can.  For instance while I'm in the house, I clip my hair up off my shoulders.  Whenever I drive in my car, I have clips in the glove box for clipping my hair up.  Of course, when I get out of my car, it's always fun to remove the clip and swing my hair around in slow motion (like on the movies) allowing the waves and curls to blow free in the breeze. LOL

LOLLOLLOL
ebonyyasmine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebonyyasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2008 at 1:19am
I use a pick 
fllwlover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fllwlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2008 at 3:42am
Originally posted by Tea4Two Tea4Two wrote:

LOLLOLWinkClap
eyboutique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eyboutique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2008 at 1:01pm
Good Advice, I also spray a little water on the unit when it looks dry from the sun and detangle it from the ends up.
For with God nothing shall be impossible Luke 1:37
panzerswifey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panzerswifey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2008 at 4:02pm
My hair is naturally curly and it will mat when wet.
You have to blot it dry or u can do like I do my natural hair & my LF & Weaves I let them drip dry.
conditioner is my friend.
i ues a conditioner everyday. but some dry ur hair out.
I mix my conditioner with water & a frizz ease type product.
I use detangling spray you find in the baby section.
The detangling spray works the best.
My kids even my boys have curly hair & detangler spray
is the best.
I just got a beater that was tangled b4 I bleached bathed it. I spray the detangling  spray & the tangles were loose on their own.
plain water will dry it. ur best bet is to keep detangling spray around.
Just becareful when the hair is wet.
Because If I fall asleep with wet hair the next morning I have dreads, and that my natural curly hair.

http://panzerboswell.ning.com
http://panzerswifey.blogspot.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic