Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

have you changed to daily app?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
phillycutee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phillycutee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: have you changed to daily app?
    Posted: April 25 2008 at 3:13pm
okay, so its starting to get hot, and although i can maintian my app through a workout, im finding i cant stand the heat thats being trapped under the wig and the wig cap that i use.
Sooo i have gone to doing a new app everyday, and you know what?
i love it! first of all i dont have to sleep in this thing, wwhich is a plus. And you know how your app always looks the BEST on the first day? Well now its the best everyday. It only takes me 15 minutes, i use proflex tape all the way around and then ORWG in the front. I justy wanted to put that out there. Once you have perfected you app and get used to doing it, its very easy to do it everyday. I actually find that by the time i try to clean up an old hairline, and repaste whatever is lifting i could just redo the whole darn thing, and it looks better.
Has anyone else gone from trying to keep their unit on for as long as possible, to just applying fresh daily?
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2008 at 3:17pm
i had to loose the wig cap a year ago, especially in the summer time its just to dang on hot! thank God for the strips so i can have the natural part going on.. but i usually in the summer time rotate, b/c i have a lot of wigs that look similar, like i have more than a few curly's, and more than a few virgin chinese, and wavy's in my stash so i can remove one by wednesday or sometimes even tuesday and put on another one that looks just like it to do the remaining days of the week for work...especially working out this helps as well.. so i have one sitting in the wings, tape applied and on a wig head with hair net, waiting to be applied.. it does mean that the weekends will be full of washing hair but its a cleaner way to make it thru the heat..

Edited by sexibeach - April 25 2008 at 3:18pm
Tea4Two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tea4Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2008 at 4:25pm

I would like to change every day or two just out of boredom, but I would like to find an adhesive that gives a 1 or 2 day hold.  The tape sticks so well I feel bad taking it off every day. 

Is something like Spirit Gum a better alternative to use for just a daily hold?

kalenjin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalenjin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2008 at 7:18pm
I havent tried that because the alchohol makes my skin really sensitive if i use it too often, i normally keep it a week and try not to kill my head if it itches lol
Lifecoach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lifecoach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2008 at 7:45am
I do daily application because i STILL cannot find a tape that will hold for longer than a day.  I use spirit gum.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2008 at 6:44am
Originally posted by Tea4Two Tea4Two wrote:

I would like to change every day or two just out of boredom, but I would like to find an adhesive that gives a 1 or 2 day hold.  The tape sticks so well I feel bad taking it off every day. 

Is something like Spirit Gum a better alternative to use for just a daily hold?

if spirit gum works for you that would be a great adhesive for daily removal.. but it doesn't work for me.. so i just have to go thru removing once every 3 days.. but that only means i change once in the middle of the week..which isn't that harsh for my skin..
illusion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illusion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2008 at 10:15pm
i'm actually thinking of doing this so i can baby my hair underneath
but i would need something i can take off everyday without having to wash my unit, and it would still stick to the lace. So in essence, something that comes off easily without leaving any residue. From what I've read, Mastix P would be the way to go?
griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2008 at 10:34pm
I use mastix p spirit gum or rubie spirit gum from party city. It works well and is really easy to clean up.  It needs touching up after a day or so, so I think it might work for daily apps.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic