Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone order from HairVeda?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MissHairGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissHairGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone order from HairVeda?
    Posted: May 07 2008 at 7:59pm

Any of you ladies tried any products from HairVeda.net?

I just ordered some items and would like to know your opinions, comments, etc. 
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2008 at 6:44am
i haven't but i've heard great reviews on their products and wanted some of that butter stuff myself.. but i've got so many products its a shame..
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2008 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

i haven't but i've heard great reviews on their products and wanted some of that butter stuff myself.. but i've got so many products its a shame..

LOL Yeah, I'm with you there Sexi! I don't even want to check that site out because I'm afraid I'll get sucked in! OK...sorry I couldn't be more help.Big%20smile
Love clip-ins and tape!
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2008 at 1:53pm
I've purchased from them. I have their Whipped Baggie Cream and the conditioning masque, and lavender conditioner. I liked the WBC even though I only used it a couple of times. The masque and conditioner, I really didn't see what was so great about it, and you had to rinse your hair for a long time to get the masque out. HTH
No weapon formed against me shall prosper.

www.brehshouseoflacewigs.com
email:info@brehshouseoflacewigs.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissHairGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2008 at 1:58pm
Thanks ladies, I appreciate your comments! 
stinastina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stinastina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2008 at 12:42am
I read on another site there was problems with ordering lately. Maybe things have changed. There are great reviews on the products themselves.
Indian Oils & Powders: www.stinastina.ecrater.com
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2008 at 10:50pm
MissHairGirl:

Did you get your products yet ? If so, what's your assessment ?
2Cor 12:8-9
Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness".

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissHairGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2008 at 8:10am
Yes, I got my products.  I ordered the following:

Shikakai Bar
Methi Sativa
WBC
Vatika Frosting
Shikakai Oil

I love the whipped baggy cream.  It is a GREAT moisturizer. I used the Shikakai Oil and Vatika Frosting to seal in the moister.  I haven't tried the Methi Sativa yet.  My hair loves this moisture!  I have about an 1 1/2" to 2" of new growth in the past 5 weeks.  My hair is softer also. 

I used the Shikakai Bar on my skin and it is great.  I used some oil as a pre-poo for my younger sister and used the bar to wash it out.  She loved it and I liked the way it made her hair feel.

Overall, I like the products and I will be continuing to use them. 

Edited by MissHairGirl - June 01 2008 at 11:52am
mslady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mslady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2008 at 8:08am

Hairveda Review

Vitika Frosting -- It started in Sept 2007. Friday, I got my Hairveda products (whipped cream, vatika frosting, and almond glaze). I was all from ear to ear. Girl, those products smell sooooooooo good. The little women (6, 4, and 1 year old) were all over my box when I opened it. Then I opened the products and started smelling them. The little women were right with me smelling the products. Ms. Thang (4 yr old) asked if we can eat it. I had to keep telling Ms. Thang it wasn't food but for her hair. This was the first time she ever wanted her hair combed/brushed. She asked if I was going to comb her hair and went to get her hair box. Any other time she has an attitude and trying to tell me her hair doesn't need to be combed. She said the "Vatika Frosting smelled like cake icing and it's deeeee lickable".

Saturday-- We prepare to get dressed. She (4 yr old) hasn't forgotten about my products. Should have known she was up to something when she mentioned getting her hair combed. I get the products let her smell them again and she wants me to use the almond glaze. She kept telling my husband and everyone else we knew to smell her hair at this birthday party we attended. I know she's going to mess up those ponytails because she wants me to use the almond glaze or vatika frosting.

Sunday-- I use the vatika frosting as a prepoo. My hair was so soft. Then I did a few twist with the almond glaze. Felt so moisturized and smelled so good. I was on the couch twisting my hair when and Ms. Thang kept eyeing me. Then she casually came to sit beside me and kept smelling the jar. She even tried to sneak and put her finger in the lid on the sly put some on her hair.

Yep, I’ve “greased” my scalp with the vatika frosting and apply to overall hair. 

Whipped Baggy Cream-- Yes, this stuff is WONDERFUL. I use it as baggy method, prepoo, and yes I've even put a bit in my husband's shampoo to help control his dandruff. I know I was supposed to seal my ends but after a few weeks I became undedicated to the cause and ended up combining the whipped baggy cream with some olive oil and using it as a daily moisturizer.  No problems.

Almond Glaze-- Don't let me get on the almond glaze (HEAVENLY) that keeps my natural 4b hair moisturized and my twists looking juicy (not dry). I even apply the almond glaze to my cornrow braid or when I get box braids to keep my hair from getting dry.

April 2008

Shakiaka Shampoo--This stuff is the truth. This is coming from a man (my hubby) who suffers from a horrible dandruff problem if he doesn't wash his hair daily. Ladies, he's used everything from medicated shampoos to finally Sulfur 8 which was helping control it but he hated the smell. He started using my Shakiah shampoo and loves this stuff. He's requesting BJ (owner of Hairveda) to make it in 32 oz bottle. He says it leaves his hair squeaky clean but doesn't dry it out like the other shampoo he uses. Seriously, I need to get him his own bottle because he washes his hair daily and my bottles is quickly becoming less and less.

Sitri-Nillah Deep Conditioning Masque -- THE BEST DEEP CONDITIONER I HAVE EVER USED. I have hard water in
Japan and this stuff leaves my hair soft and moisturized.  It’s thick.  I think it’s great for someone with coarse dry hair.  I think if you have fine, thin hair this conditioner will weigh it down. 

CoCasta Shikakai Herbal Hair Oil-- Love this stuff. Why does everyone keep telling me I smell like butterscotch or kettle popcorn? I don't care. When I had my hair cornrowed I used it daily.  After two weeks when it was time to take the cornrows out, my hair was so soft and not hard looking.  It looked really moisturized.  I even now use it while I am wearing microbraids.  I hate taking my hair down from braids and it’s looking all dry and raggedity with this product, my hair does not.   I have to admit I've used it on my body because I was too lazy to fetch some lotion it keeps me from being ashy.  It's killing two birds with one stone.  Now, I "grease" down from head to toe when I get out the shower. 

My husband uses it on his feet.   Well I put some in another bottle and he spritz some in his socks then puts his boots on.  He's in boots all day and says it helps his feet stays moisturized and smell better when he takes his shoes off at night.    He likes the smell because it's not to feminine a light coconut or butterscotch smell. 

Moist Condition PRO  I leave in for about 2 minutes and then rinse out.   However, I’ve been known to put a dime size in my hand, rub it through my hair, and walk on out the door.  I’ve even done a conpoo.

mslady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mslady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2008 at 8:14am
Originally posted by stinastina stinastina wrote:

I read on another site there was problems with ordering lately. Maybe things have changed. There are great reviews on the products themselves.

She had surgery a few months ago and was recouping.  I checked her site a few days ago and it stated people can order starting May 27th.

I checked today and it's working.   I'm out of Alma shampoo due to hubby so I'm going to order another one.

Edited by mslady - June 01 2008 at 8:18am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic