Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

from dark to red

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
inkedprincess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inkedprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: from dark to red
    Posted: May 08 2008 at 2:48pm
on monday i tried dying my hair from dark brown to red, i used the LIVE red colour and it only took to the roots and didnt even touch the other parts

the thing is though even though i hated it at first im really starting to like it now but its rubbing off on my clothes :|

if i got another red and put it over the top what would it do to the red roots, would it make them brighter?

also would using two different makes of dye make them conflict with each other and not work? like say i dyed my hair with herbal essence at xmas and then used the LIVE colour, could that be a reason why it didnt take in some parts? because ive never had the prob of going from brown to red before :knockout: and my natural hair is dark brown anyway

dont suggest going to the hair dressers as i dont have the money for it and im in the UK so uk suggestions only please

thanks Big%20smile
Rebekah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebekah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2008 at 7:35pm
If you want to change your color, you first need to get some Colorfix and remove the other dye.  Then, depending on the natural tone of your hair you may need to bleach it so the red takes nicely.  Not sure what undertone for red...maybe red?  Don't mix colors, in the same bottle, unless it's the same thing.  For instance, Miss Clairol shouldn't be mixed with L'Oreal, but another shade of Miss Clairol.

Hope this helps.

Rebekah
Check out My Hobby Shop!
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5372710
Slipknothartgir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slipknothartgir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2008 at 2:54pm
I had to use colorfix myself.I kept coloring & coloring to the point where my ends turned way too dark.I will warn u about colorfix.Whatever u do,get a lighter red than what u want.Because your hair will turn back dark if u don't be careful.Get a shade 1-2 shades lighter to get the red u want.I say this because it happpen to me & I read on the Colorfix box about it.I had to use Colorfix twice to get my hair light enough.U have to get Colorfix at a Beauty Supply place.Good luck! :)

Edited by Slipknothartgir - May 09 2008 at 2:55pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic