Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Please someone Help me...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Heaven_lei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heaven_lei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please someone Help me...
    Posted: May 10 2008 at 11:00am
Hello ladies,
I have 2 questions....has anyone attempted to do the rit dye remover on their lf and succeeded without damaging their unit. Also does the non chemical way of hidding the knots work on 1 or 1B units with the natural blonde spray and the jerome russell...
ash8419 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ash8419 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2008 at 1:18pm
I use Rits on every unit I get on the cap to see if my knots are actually bleached. Then I bleach them if I need to. Just dip in and out don't let the unit sit in the mix. The Jerome russell works too. Just spray a light coat.
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2008 at 2:24pm
If you have a curly or a wavy unit you will lose some of the curl/texture by doing this but I've never ruined a unit. Keep in mind that you should NEVER follow the directions of the back of the box because if you put the hair in extremely hot water you will ruin it. I usually make sure that  my finger can withstand the temperature of the water for at least a few seconds and I only use about 1/3 to 1/2 of the packet - depending on how dark the hair is. Even when using this caution I lost some of the curl on my tightly curled 1B unit. It turned a nice brown but the curl was looser than I like so now whenever I buy a curly unit I make sure it's already the color I want it to be but I'll order the straight units in any old color cuz I can either dye them darker or use the Rit Dye Color Remover to lighten the straight ones. HTH
2Cor 12:8-9
Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness".
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic