Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Which CV's Have the Best Hair Quality

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which CV's Have the Best Hair Quality
    Posted: May 10 2008 at 3:10pm
Okay, we all know that most units are beautiful and lucious when you first get them and the hair is always manageable in the beginning. However, I think the TRUE test of the hair's quality is how it holds up over time like:

a) does it start to matt up at the nape
b) does the hair need to be finger combed throughout the day to detangle
c) do you have to do a BB after the first 5-7 washes 

I have a tightly curled unit from an AV that I've worn like it was going out of style and I still luv it cuz it doesn't tangle. This unit has been washed at least 15 times and I've never had to do anything special to it. I just wash, condition, air dry, apply and go.

Unfortunately, I haven't had the same luck with my straight units. All of them become harder to detangle after about the 7th or 8th wash.

What I want to know is.....what CV has the best hair quality that can withstand the test of time and remain manageable over a lengthy period of time ????

Edited by Curlygirl11 - May 10 2008 at 3:15pm
2Cor 12:8-9
Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness".

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2008 at 12:11am
bump
Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness".
checolatediva1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote checolatediva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2008 at 1:20pm
bump
Snook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2008 at 4:45pm

Kevincn Light Yaki hands down…..I have ordered and worn from pretty much everybody except for Holly and a few of the newer vendors popping up and I have gotten the most wear out of his units.   I have a couple from 2006 still going strong.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2008 at 6:15pm
^^Thanks Snook. That's good to know. I'll give him a try next.
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2008 at 3:32pm
I think this is an excellent question -- just bumping!
Love clip-ins and tape!
Chic-Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chic-Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2008 at 8:27am
I'm extremely satisfied with the hair quality I get from Holly. Thumbs%20Up I've also purchased Rex units from other members (waiting for one to arrive; it's a body wave). That hair quality is also very good.
charmed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2008 at 1:52pm
I agree about Kevincn, I have a unit on now that I bought in July 06.  I purchased another last year that came from him it on last 5 months.  I think I might have been a bit abusive to it.  I have not had any of myother units from CV long enough to properly answer your question.
Obama change in 08
kalenjin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalenjin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2008 at 9:21pm
my two cents...i am not a long term wearer but it seems like the quality and how you care for it extends it so if you get a good unit, bless it with lots of love and tenderness and it should give you at least a yr.

Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2008 at 10:05pm
Thanks for the feedback ladies. I'll be giving them a try. Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic