Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Blonde to dark brown/black?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lindsay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lindsay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blonde to dark brown/black?
    Posted: November 10 2002 at 5:39pm
I have naturally light brown/dark blonde hair that I have been highlighting/dying light blonde for a year. I have been thinking about a change, maybe going darker. But I am afraid I am too pale for dark brown/black hair and it would look bad. Also, I`ve heard it fades fast from bleached blonde hair. I plan on getting this done at a salon and I have talked to the person that will be doing my hair. She said she would leave a few blonde streaks, like a reverse frost. Maybe that would look all right. Take a look at my pictures if you want. I am also thinking of going shorter...but I have been told I will look like a boy because of my big nose..lol. Tell me what you think.
Thanks.
Pics: http://linzeegurl.findapix.com
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2002 at 10:02pm
You are a pretty woman. If you went too dark, people would mistake you for a goth, but if you went to a medium brown, with some lighter streaks, it would probably look great. I also don`t think you would look like a boy with short hair. you have very nice features and could wear your hair just about any way you want, although I think shorter hair might make your hair look thicker.

Have you ever considered red? Good luck, keep us posted!
Johan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2002 at 10:48pm
You are most certainly a pretty woman, your face is lovely,and you have a very nice body, you look feminine and healthy!
Your hair is nice enough but very ordinary looking. The right attractive short hairstyle would make you look classier, more sophisticated! Going to black would not be a good idea. Black hair is great on women who have naturally black hair, some Italians or Mexican women, Chinese ladies, etc., but you might look better either with a short blonde or light brown hairstyle or perhaps with a brunette color but not as dark as black. You live in Minnesota, in the big city in that state, the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area, I`m sure there are beauty salons that have virtual machines, that is machines that can show you what you would look like in any style of hair with any color of hair. You pay a little more to use that sort of salon but you get an idea of what you would look like in various styles, and you will get a very good haircut! Even if you don`t use a virtual machine go to a first rate salon, in the Twin Cities that have places like Tom Schmidts or Rocco Altobellis. You pay a little more but once you get a nice cut you know what to ask for and what you want the next time you get your hair cut!
Good luck beautiful lady, you are adorable!
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2002 at 8:08am
You are a geat blonde and admittedly I do like blondes so I don`t think you should go dark... but if you want a change I woul dsuggest mixing is some carmel colored low lights. That way you chage as much or little as you like. Plus if dark brown or black and don`t like it... i twill take a LOT of bleach to get back to where you are now
Madge View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2002 at 3:05pm
I would never recommend dying your hair darker than your natural color. It is too hard to remove darker color from the hair. I like the idea of caramel low lights. You might also want to try a strawberry blonde one-process. It wil give you a different look, more of a red tone, but it will be at the same level of lightness as your natural color.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic