Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Color Depositing Shampoo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Carol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Color Depositing Shampoo
    Posted: November 13 2002 at 12:22pm
Can Artec`s color depositing shampoos and conditioners be used on hair that is not colored, in order to enhance or highlight the natural color.
turquoise_girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turquoise_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2002 at 2:29pm
i don`t know specifically about this brand- but i believe that color depositing shampoos CAN be used on uncolored hair. i think....:)
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2002 at 3:33pm
Hi Carol! The answer to your question yes: all color-enhancing shampoos are designed to leave subtle color on the hair, regardless whether you`ve dyed it or not. Some other things to note about these products:

*Color-enhancing products work best on light hair.

*They do not create a drastic change--just a very subtle shade difference. If you have light brown hair and want to bring out golden highlights, for example, the shampoo could help do this.

*The shampoo typically doesn`t stay on your hair longer enough to make a huge difference, so for a more noticeable effect, use a color-enhancing conditioner as well.

Hope this helps!
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Karla View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2002 at 3:59am
One colorist told me that some of the color enhancing shampoos, especially ARTec`s will stain very light hair - permanently. Can this be true?
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2002 at 4:11am
Hi,

Yes, I have also been told that in some "rare" and this is definitely "rare" that the stronger color shampoos like ARTec may stain super light or porous hair. Does this really happen? Not that I have personally heard but I guess anything can and does happen with hair. For the most part color shampoos will add subtle highlights but will not alter color since after all they are shampoos and not chemical color products.

When in doubt...check w/ your stylist or with a product rep who can tell you for sure.

Hope that helps.

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic