Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Diffuser

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
curlygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curlygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Diffuser
    Posted: November 14 2002 at 3:58am
Does anyone here with longish naturally curly hair use a diffuser with their blowdryer? I just splurged on a Conair diffuser and now I am a little concerned because I want to make sure that it won`t cause any damage to my hair. I do blow dry all the time.
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2002 at 6:57pm
Hi CurlyGirl,

Although anyone can conceivably damage their hair with just about any type of hair care device from a comb to a blow dryer and even a diffuser, it depends on how the device is used. We carry Conair at HB.com along with Igia and Remington and will have Revlon & 3 other brands soon. What I have been impressed to find is that these companies do constantly upgrade their hair care products and devices to make them as safe as possible. That is why designs change so rapidly and why products you love go away and are replaced by newer items.

The key to avoiding damage of any kind with any product is learning the proper way to use it with your hair type.

If your hair tends to tangle easily, it would be good to use a leave-in conditioner/detangler before you use the diffuser to help avoid unnecessary pulling on fragile strands. Also, a lot depends on if you are using the long finger diffuser or one of the short diffusers. They do very different things. The long finger diffuser is designed to lift and separate curls and get close to the scalp while the short diffusers that are more like concentrators, will just provide a more defined heat to direct at the hair allowing the curls to hold their shape.

Either type of diffuser works well on curly hair and finishing with a cool/cold shot of air helps to set the curls.

Just remember to read the instructions, use a conditioner and/or detangle before you start and experiment with the device to learn what is best for your hair.

If you have questions please let me know and I will do my best to help.

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic