Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Michael Basden Show

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GAKKIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAKKIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Michael Basden Show
    Posted: May 17 2008 at 12:41am
Hi,
Did NE 1 hear the Michael Basden(sp) Show on "Hair Weaves"? Someone on there wuz saying that the hair from China was very poor quality and mixed w/horse hair. I didn't hear it but 1 of my clients did and asked me if that's wut's on her head.
checolatediva1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote checolatediva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2008 at 11:06pm

I don't believe all the hair from china is horsehair. They are so misinformed.

Countessrim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Countessrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2008 at 9:25am
I dont know you guys...The other night I was on alot of Chinese trading sites, (alibaba, made in china, trade key, etc) in search for some possible authentic single drawn remy cuticle hair to make a premeium LW with, and I came across alot of chinese sites that were selling YAK hair (and by yak I mean the animal) in bulks to be used with hair. It comes in black, or white (so you can easily dye it) and I beleive this is whats used in some of that hair we get from china. Yak hair can be curled, straighten, relaxed, and colored like human hair...not to mention it's cheaper and easier to get. But I never fully believed that the units we were getting were pure human hair anyway.

phillycutee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phillycutee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2008 at 9:43am
well, i sure hope im ont wearing any yak hair, but if i am, it surely looks good on me. lol
Hello, my name is Tiffany and i am a CHRONIC OVERDRESSER!
innovativelace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote innovativelace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2008 at 2:58pm

Yes, I heard it. It was a very interesting show to say the least. Needless to say, I knew my husband was listening on his way home from work, and he proceeds to tell me when we get home: "all that money you spending on those wigs and the hair ain't even real!!!!" I had absolutely no comeback, but "i still look good! "

choclatey77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choclatey77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2008 at 3:15pm
That probably what they make the kinky straight out of cause it has a course texture. I read about it before just didnt believe it but hey if its yak hair sure makes me look good.
LADY_B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LADY_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2008 at 3:43pm
Let's also remember that lace wigs originated in the theatre for the purpose of plays and dramas etc.;  and eventually became mainstream for those who want to use them in everyday (or almost everyday) use.  Synthetic hair, including synthetic lace wigs, is still a big business.   (ask any drag queenLOL).    On this particular site, he does say:
These products suite for theater wig maker etc

synthetic, horse, goat, rabbit ---- whatever kind of hair, I suppose if you're looking good, it doesn't really matterWink

Edited by LADY_B - May 19 2008 at 3:44pm
If it had not been for the Lord Who was on my side...

\O/ Praising Him Always! \o/
GAKKIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAKKIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2008 at 6:34pm
I was posting to see if NE 1 knew about the "horse hair" because I was flat ironing a LF and the fine black hair in the #12/#27 unit burned just like synthetic hair but... it was a strange melt it stuck on my irons and wouldn't scrape off like syn normally would. I ask the vendor to not put syn in my next 1 and he replied that they don't use syn at ALL. The black strands were fine and soft.
Countessrim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Countessrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2008 at 6:59pm
^^^^ Horse hair burns like human hair. They used some form of synthetic hair in your wefts. It may not have been the plastic synthetic hair, but it wasn't human/animal. It is also possible that they mixed with another fiber that begins with a k (I can't remember the name of it sorry) which is synthetic, but you can curl it at VERY VERY LOW heat.
kalenjin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalenjin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2008 at 9:23pm
I actually dont believe its all human hair but i dont really care as long as it doesnt look like horsetail on my hair
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic