Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Look What Breh Taught Me...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Chic-Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chic-Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2008 at 8:13am
Originally posted by Curlygirl11 Curlygirl11 wrote:

That has got to be one the THE BEST hairlines I have seen in a long time. I luv the imperfections in it Thumbs%20Up

Did the hairline come from Holly like that or did you tweak it a little ?

The hairline came as is from Holly's stock. Over time, I've lost a few baby hairs due to the fabulous hold of Proflex No Shine tape, so maybe that's the imperfections you notice. Truth be told, I'm sending this one back for ventilation once my custom Curly arrives (I can hardly wait).

I wish I knew how to tweak the hair line, though.
Chic-Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chic-Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2008 at 8:17am

That has got to be one the THE BEST hairlines I have seen in a long time. I luv the imperfections in it Thumbs%20Up

It came straight from Holly. But truth be told, I've lost a few baby hairs due to the fabulous hold from Proflex No Shine, so I don't use it on the front hairline anymore.

I'm sending it back for ventilation, but I'm waiting for my custom curly to arrive from Holly (I can hardly stand the wait... any day now, though).
Chic-Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chic-Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2008 at 8:17am

It came straight from Holly. But truth be told, I've lost a few baby hairs due to the fabulous hold from Proflex No Shine, so I don't use it on the front hairline anymore.

I'm sending it back for ventilation, but I'm waiting for my custom curly to arrive from Holly (I can hardly stand the wait... any day now, though).
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2008 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Chic-Geek Chic-Geek wrote:

The hairline came as is from Holly's stock. Over time, I've lost a few baby hairs due to the fabulous hold of Proflex No Shine tape, so maybe that's the imperfections you notice. Truth be told, I'm sending this one back for ventilation once my custom Curly arrives (I can hardly wait).

I wish I knew how to tweak the hair line, though.

I like it as is because I think the minor imperfections are what make it look so gorgeous and natural. I forgot to put Tape Tab Compound around the perimeter of my IR medium yaki from Holly when I first got it and I also lost some hair around the front after wearing it for about 4-5 weeks without the compound underneath to stop the hair loss. Since it was already a little too large on the front to nape measurement I just cut a new front hairline and made new baby hairs and it's good as new. I put the Tape Tab Compound around the perimeter after I fixed it so it wouldn't happen again. Breh has a tutorial on how to do it and it could save you a little $$. Trying it for the 1st time was a little scary but it wasn't that hard at all. The best part is that you get to make the EXACT hairline you want.
2Cor 12:8-9
Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness".
Chic-Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chic-Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2008 at 12:34pm
Smile Thanks for the information. I'll have to get the nerve to try it. I've seen Breh's article about how to create a new hairline; and, to be honest I don't have the nerve to try it. I'll have to practice on a old unit, one day.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic