Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

whats the best curling technique?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
phillycutee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phillycutee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: whats the best curling technique?
    Posted: May 21 2008 at 3:06pm
Hey Ladies,

i just ordered a Holly that should be here by friday. I have always worn the curly units but this time i ventured out to get a light yaki. Now what i want to know is whats your favorite technique for curling your light yaki unit?(without heat)  AND what are you putting on it to keep it looking good? Since Im used to the curly units, the leave in products that I use I think would be too heavy. So id like all your suggestions please!!
Hello, my name is Tiffany and i am a CHRONIC OVERDRESSER!
zelliboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zelliboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2008 at 3:49pm
My method is rollersetting with large, and jumbo magnetic rollers.  I just use water.  This method gives me bounce, shine, and long lasting curls.  HTH
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2008 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by zelliboo zelliboo wrote:

My method is rollersetting with large, and jumbo magnetic rollers.  I just use water.  This method gives me bounce, shine, and long lasting curls.  HTH

me too, i roll after it dries and spray the ends and roll with the magnetic rollers and it holds..
DiorsMommy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorsMommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2008 at 9:37pm
what are magnetic rollers exactly?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phillycutee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2008 at 9:45pm
uhm that was about to be my next question Diors mommy.....

And just water you say? wow okay
what do yall think about the flexirods?

Edited by phillycutee - May 21 2008 at 9:46pm
zelliboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zelliboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2008 at 9:55pm
Magnetic rollers are the hard plastic rollers.  I like flexrods too, but the magnetic are my favorite.  And yes I only use water.
Countessrim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Countessrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2008 at 10:29pm

VELCRO ROLLERS!!! They are much easier to use! I use them with my Holly LY units. You don't need pins or clamps with them. Just roll the hair up and let it sit. The hair wont slip out and anything!!! I wet set mine with Lotta Body. For soft curls, dilute the solutions, for defined curls just use the spray.

See all ya do is roll it up and the hair stays

Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2008 at 10:32pm

The Caruso steam curlers are good too. You get the same result as a wet set but it only takes about 20 minutes and it doesn't put any heat on the hair.

2Cor 12:8-9
Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness".
Countessrim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Countessrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2008 at 10:48pm

dp!

Edited by Countessrim - May 22 2008 at 6:09pm
Tea4Two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tea4Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2008 at 12:51am

Has anyone tried these?

http://public.fotki.com/Tea4Two
happydesta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happydesta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2008 at 10:21am

when roller setting do you let the hair airdry or do you use a dryer like pibbs?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phillycutee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2008 at 11:08am
Originally posted by Tea4Two Tea4Two wrote:

Has anyone tried these?

T42 YES I was just looking into these on Sally BS website. Its like $60 though for the set. I dont know that i necessarily want to spend that kind if money on rollers just yet, but i know that they are supposed to work really well.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phillycutee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2008 at 11:12am
Originally posted by Countessrim Countessrim wrote:

VELCRO ROLLERS!!! They are much easier to use! I use them with my Holly LY units. You don't need pins or clamps with them. Just roll the hair up and let it sit. The hair wont slip out and anything!!! I wet set mine with Lotta Body. For soft curls, dilute the solutions, for defined curls just use the spray.

See all ya do is roll it up and the hair stays

Counterism WHERE WERE YOU WHEN I WAS DOING SPRING CLEANING!! Gurl I jst threw out a bag full of those darn velcro rollers like 3 weeks ago!!! I had them for the longest time and finlay put them in the trash cause I never used them. Well I can go buy some more from the dollar store!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phillycutee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2008 at 11:13am
Curlygirl, how long d o the curls last with this method?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phillycutee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2008 at 11:30am
oh im soooo saddI sent my payment on Tuesday nite, I was hoping ,my package would be here by today or tommorow so i could look great for memorial day but itas not looking good for me. At least I can cry on your shoulder . heres my tracking info:
QINGDAO,
CN
05/22/2008 9:09 P.M. EMERGENCY CONDITIONS BEYOND UPS' CONTROL
05/22/2008 2:17 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
05/22/2008 12:23 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
05/22/2008 12:13 P.M. PICKUP SCAN
CN 05/22/2008 12:15 A.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Tracking results provided by UPS:  05/22/2008 11:53 A.M.  ET
I just spoke wit UPS they said earliest possoble delivery is Tueasday!!!
Please i need a shot of Patron STAT!!!!!Cry  missing whqt am i gonna do for this weekend??!!
kalenjin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalenjin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2008 at 12:03pm
Sorry phillycutee....
i use the conair 5 minute heat rollers...so far so good but the curls only hold for a day or two. i like the loose curl so it works good for me.
zelliboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zelliboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2008 at 4:22pm
When i rollerset...I let it airdry.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic