Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How do I seal the knots before bleaching the knots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How do I seal the knots before bleaching the knots

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
believergrace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believergrace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do I seal the knots before bleaching the knots
    Posted: May 22 2008 at 3:16pm
Hi guys,

so...sorry if this is a repeated question...I tried to find the answer on my own with no luck...

Anyhow...how do I seal the knots before I  bleach the knots?

How often should I seal the knots?

Also...can I use hairspray??

I appreciate your help....Thanks so much...
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2008 at 4:19pm
hairspray will work for you!
believergrace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believergrace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2008 at 5:53pm
Once again...thanks so much sexi...do I just spray the inside of the wig before I bleach?....  How often should I seal my knots?

Thanks so much....
phillycutee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phillycutee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2008 at 9:29am
you should seal your knots everytime you wash your unit.
Sorry about not being able to awnser your bleach question. Im not sure of that awnser, shoot the last time i tried to bleach a knot i put a big old bald spot in my unit.
Hello, my name is Tiffany and i am a CHRONIC OVERDRESSER!
Walk Softly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walk Softly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2008 at 6:17pm
You should Bleach the knots and THEN seal them.  If they are coated in hairspray, knot sealer, oil or glue they will not bleach.  As Philly said, reseal each time the unit is washed.  Good luck!
docpam69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote docpam69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2008 at 6:57pm
and the first time you seal them put 2-3 thin layers. after that just 1 thin layer after you shampoo/condition
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic