Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Has anyone used a protein filler?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
wayoutwest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayoutwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Has anyone used a protein filler?
    Posted: November 21 2002 at 2:49pm
My stylist has been kind enough to offer me coloring tips, ever since I decided to pursue a less-lucrative career & can no longer afford her coloring services! (I`ve promised to give up my home-coloring endeavors soon as I start making money at what I`m doing now!)...ANYWAY, she said that my dark brown hair coloring is turning a reddish color due to years of coloring/chemical damage, and suggested I go to a beauty supply store and get a "filler". I went & the staff was entirely unhelpful as to how/if what they had in stock would really help or not.

Just wondering if anyone`s tried these, and if the results were beneficial! Thanks in advance for your advice!

p.s. I love this website!
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2002 at 4:55pm
Hello there! A GREAT protein product is Aphogee Damaged Hair treatment. You can get it at Sally Beauty or other supply houses. The second ingredient on the list is hydrolyzed animal protein (problematic if you`re vegan--but unfortunately animal protein adheres to the hair shaft far more readily than plant-based proteins.) This is a great conditioner if you want to coat the hair shaft and strengthen your hair somewhat, and it`s not expensive either. Hope this helps!
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
wayoutwest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayoutwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2002 at 10:36pm
Thanks so much for the recommendation! I went right out and got it!

I am really pleased with how it made my hair feel...I actually noticed a difference! The only downside to it (which I can deal with), was its scent.

Anyway, thanks again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic