Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Just Had My First Relaxer And Need Some Help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
~~MrsJones~~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~~MrsJones~~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just Had My First Relaxer And Need Some Help
    Posted: May 26 2008 at 3:10pm
I have been natural all my life and have only had one other perm and it was at least three years ago. The other day I got my first perm and my hair cut into a chin length bob that is tapered in the back. I don't know how to maintain my style or what products to us to smooth my damaged ends. I am thinking about going back to the salon to get it curled again but I don't want to have to spend that extra money when I just spent 120 dollars friday. Please give me some tips to preserve my style, mend my split ends and still retain body and flow to my hair.

here is a link to a pic of my hair cut and style...
http://a334.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/61/l_edd2d9dd4148c5fa30bb79784cf2f635.jpg

Edited by ~~MrsJones~~ - May 26 2008 at 3:13pm
Luxe Glam
Rehab for the Addicts (and Virgins) of Natural Hair and Beauty

[IMG]http://apture.com/view/sAlfBhu1jx[/IMG
blackhoney112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2008 at 11:28am
As far as ends care I recommend either Qhemet Biologics Alma/Olive heavy cream or Castor oil both are great at sealing in moisture and protecting ends. Also since you just got a relaxer you will want to do a weekly Medium strength protein conditioning (Lustrasilks Herbal cholestorl or Aphogee 2min Keratin *Both can be found at Sally's) + a moisturizing conditoner (Kenra Moisturizing conditioner). Also adding honey and olive to any deep conditioner ups the moisturizing benefits. You will also need to do a monthly Heavy protein treatment (Jherri Redding 100% protein can be found at Sally's). As far as maintaining the style at night you can tie the hair down with a scarf. And on your wash day either do a roller set or allow the hair to airdry before flatironing so that you aren't using too much heat. HTH
Hair album
pw:Romeo
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic