Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I am Confused Please Help Me

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Smartbrother21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartbrother21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I am Confused Please Help Me
    Posted: June 05 2008 at 7:36pm
Hey I have a few questions I am new to this wave game and you guys give great advice it's just so much of it so I have a few questions?

1.Alright do I use the pomade to build my waves and then the Carrot Creme or do I use both from start?

2. Is a 2 n 1 shampoo & conditioner good?

3. What is a good brushing routine to get best results? As of right now I just brush when ever I am not doing anything?

4. And Durag,wave cap or both?
Willie SKRILLA View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willie SKRILLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2008 at 2:53am
I would use the Carrot Cream at first and when I get into wolfing then use the pomade.

Honestly its better to use a dedicated shampoo and conditioner but you use what you got and then get that later.

Brush whenever you can, brushing is what makes waves.

Whatever you like to use best.
You can't win with women. You just have to maintain."
- Wave Connection

Real Recognize Real
tetsuo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsuo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2008 at 9:20am

What's good fellas? Very new to HB and the wave game in general so I'm in the same boat as homeboy up top. I have been trying for about 6 months now with less than stellar results using some of the beginner methods provided here. The pics are key so I'll try to get some up ASAP.

In the meantime I have a few questions about getting waves to form on top of my head and connecting the back and sides. Currently I use carrot cream after I get out of the shower, brushing in shampoo (motions hydrating shampoo) and then letting the motions conditioner sit for a few minutes while still in there. With the carrot cream I am brushing with a Diane 8114 hand brush (top - forward; does it matter if I use my right or left hand? sides - angled down, back - straight down) for about 15 minutes. I apply the pomade at this point and then put the du-rag on and have gotten a few waves here and there but nothing consistent. I know its tough without the pics but and I'm working on it but if anyone has any advice holla at me. Biggest help would be brushing technique cuz I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Good lookin out fellas
wave connection View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
360 Wave Vet and HB All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wave connection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2008 at 9:46am
You need to increase your brushing frequency.
DUB-C
tetsuo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsuo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2008 at 7:41pm
I hear you on that and appreciate it, 100 strokes in each direction or something like that right? My thing is if my technique is off its a wrap and makes little difference how much time I put in brushing. Also, I know the products come secondary but is using let's jam and pomade a good combo? Good lookin on the reply
dothdamnthang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dothdamnthang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2008 at 5:02pm
Mixing Lets Jam & Pomades
It was stated in a post before Let Jam is an alturnative to Pomades I've
used letsjam OT an I mixed it with CC

I also agree you need to Brush alot some days I have brushed for 2 or 3 hours during my 1st wolfin session.. sometimes while watchin a movie ill watch an brush.. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic