Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

OMG I cut off 14 inches of hair yesterday :(

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Juliejewels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juliejewels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OMG I cut off 14 inches of hair yesterday :(
    Posted: June 08 2008 at 8:58pm
I had been toying with the idea of no longer wearing my hair extensions ( I wear clip ins I make) and cutting my own hair.
My own hair was as long as the extensions, so I just wore them for fullness.

So yesterday I  went in and had 14 inches cut off and now have this bob -do!!!  OMG!!!

I am totally freaking out ., I want my long hair back, but it is such an abrupt bob  and so short in the back I cannot disguise the tracks. The top looks like a muffin over the tracks! ( I just clipped on about 4 wefts to see if it would work).

Any suggestions or am I doomed to grow this thing out for awhile?

My own hair really needed a cut, it was pretty dead for over coloring, so I know it will grow in beautifully. oh...but I am so sad.

I am just asking for advice. I do not have a pic of the bob, I cannot stand to even look at it, but it is your typical bob with a few wispy layers, a little shorter in the back than on the sides.

PS: any other kinds of extensions are not really an option for me right now. I workout a lot and need to be able to scrub my scalp and wash everyday.

Edited by Juliejewels - June 08 2008 at 8:58pm
corioliss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corioliss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2008 at 1:32pm
I went into shock when I had a bob :s  You can wear clip in though, you will need to use plenty of strips...I don't think 4 is enough to cover up the bob.  One option would be to have the weight taken out of the bob perimeter.  Have a look at the pic below...it shows a girl going from a bob to clip ins.  Also look up 'scene hair' on google...its very stylised but could be a cool look if thats your kidn of style.

http://www.headkandy.com/cole_b_a_pegged.jpg
Clip in hair extensions - http://www.headkandy.com
Juliejewels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juliejewels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2008 at 8:58pm
Thanks, that link was really helpful. My hair has grown about an inch and a half... I think I do need to get the weight out of the ends and go for the look in the pic you provided.  Looks like an easier transition to the clip-ins  I have been using them and pulling the top back.and clipping it in the back. It is a pain  in the a**. I find the wavy clip ins allow me to blend my hair easier.

I actually wore the to/sides down last night with the wavy hair and they blended in pretty well.

I really appreciate your post :)

Hopefully I can get through this growing out.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic