Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

help with using salon colors!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xonikkiox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xonikkiox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help with using salon colors!
    Posted: July 03 2008 at 4:23pm
my friend is a trained hairdresser, & i told her i wanted to dye my murky browny/natural red hair to a dark coppery red brown color. she recomended the company matrix to me, and the shade medium copper golden brown, its the *exact* shade i want. she has recomended that i used a 20 or 30 developer and get three tubes of this shade (im doing my light brown clip in extensions too!) i was just wondering, how straight foward is this to carry out myself - shes living with her boyfriend up north for the next six months so she cant come down to do it for me, but assures me it is fairly straight foward to do, thanks in advance ! x
karen s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karen s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2008 at 9:47am

The problem I personally feel with doing colour yourself at home, it is always harder to get an even coverage of the colour right into your roots, more so at the back of the head, therefor its always better to get a friend to help you.

I very often see my clients come into the salon and have coloured there own hair, but have patchy areas around the roots, worse if the have grey hair(sorry) so if you can get someone to do it for you, friend, boyfriend, hubby, lol they can see the back of your head better, lol.

As for mixing your colours xonikkiox use 20 vol and the ratio is usually 1 part tint, 1 part peroxide. Carefully read the manufactures instructions. I would suggest a strand test to see the finished results.

Best of luckSmile
karen sanderson
lovetocolor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovetocolor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2008 at 9:22pm
listen, it is easy easy....mix it up apply to hair and you're beautiful.....what i do is put it in a bottle with an angled spout thing and just saturate my hair.....process and presto!!!  matrix is the #1 color in the world....the only problem you could run into is if your ends are pourous or damaged....just wait until the last 20 min or so to do the ends....you'll be fine.  tell us how it turned out!!
happy coloring
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic