Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Reconstructor ingredients
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Reconstructor ingredients

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Reconstructor ingredients
    Posted: January 03 2003 at 5:59pm
Could someone please tell me, if the ingrediants below, is `safe` and good for your hair?

Many thanks!

kc xxx

Ingredients: water, cetyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate, peg 12 distearate, cetrimonium chloride, FENNEL (foeniculum vulgare) EXTRACT, HOPS (humulus lupulus) EXTRACT, BALM MINT (melissa officinalis) EXTRACT, YARROW (achillea millefolium) EXTRACT, hydrolyzed casein, OAT (avena sativa) FLOUR, JOJOBA (buxus chinensis) OIL, MATRICARIA (chamomilla recutita) EXTRACT, YEAST EXTRACT, SUNFLOWER (helianthus annuus) SEED OIL, ALOE BARBADENSIS EXTRACT, SAFFLOWER (carthamus tinctorius) OIL, simethicone, stearyl alcohol, lecithin, sorbitol, glycerin, glycol stearate, acetamide mea, cetrimonium bromide, sodium lauriminodipropionate, fragrance, dicetyldimonium chloride, stearalkonium chloride, phosphoric acid, propylene glycol, methylparaben, propylparaben, tetrasodium edta, dmdm hydantoin, fd&c yellow no. 6
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2003 at 10:35am
Oh Kaycee, you just keep posting all these tempting "ingredient questions" and you know I can`t resist (sheesh I`m such a dweeb :P)

Okay, a quick rundown:
water--this one`s obvious
cetyl alcohol--contrary to popular belief, not all alcohols are drying. Cetyl, stearyl and cetearyl (a mixture of the previous two) are emollient moisturizers. They add shine and softness to hair.
glyceryl stearate--an emulsifier/emollient.
PEG-12 distearate--another emulsifying agent that gives the product its consistency.
cetrimonium chloride--this is a quaternary conditioning agent that detangles your hair.

After that we have a variety of natural-sounding extracts, none of which have any proven benefit for hair. They`re in there for marketing appeal only--it`s the chemical-sounding stuff before that really can improve hair. Plus the fennel, hops, balm mint, etc. are too far down on the list to be present in any signifcant quantity.

Bottom line: 3-minute Miracle won`t set your hair on fire--it`s just a basic, strongly scented conditioner. I`ve used it in the past and I did like it. It`s not the most moisturizing thing on the market but it`s perfectly safe.

:-)
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Kaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2003 at 4:26pm
Aw thanks hon, you know you`re my saviour! And I know, you`ll never let me down where hair products are concerned!! :D

I think I may buy some of that. But over here, in the UK.. there don`t really have any good moisturizing products which I know of, so I will definitely ring my local sallys, which is a supplier.. and see if they have aphogee..

Have a brilliant weekend, honey. xx :>
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic