Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Aussie Moist

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aussie Moist
    Posted: January 03 2003 at 6:15pm
I know, this is the second of for the Aussie Products, and I know as from what Lyris has mentioned, that you should stay away from Sodium Lauryl Sulfate.. so, what happens when it`s also in with Sodium Laureth Sulfate? I`ve added a list of ingrediants at the bottom for the above shampoo, feedback would be fab!

x

Water, sodium laureth sulfate, sodium lauryl sulfate, cocamidopropyl betane, propylene glycol, ricinoleamidopropyl ethyldimonium ethosulfate, propyl betane, panthenol, aloe barbadensis extract, macadamia extract, chamomile, kangaroo paw flower extract, dandelion, calendula, wild cherry bark extract, horsetail extract, garlic extract, nettle extract, citric acid, glycol distearate, cocamide mea, glycerin, yellow number 5, red number 33
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2003 at 10:21am
Hi Kaycee! So glad you asked about this shampoo. It`s one of my LEAST favorite because of the outlandish claims it touts on the bottle. All that jargon about being an "oasis for dry hair" is bull, because, as you pointed out, it contains sodium lauryl sulfate. Now if it were just sodium laureth sulfate, there would be no problem. The two together really aren`t appropriate for hair needing moisture. There are, however, some moisturizing ingredients (propylene glycol, panthenol) farther down the list, but shampoo doesn`t stay on your hair long enough to even impart a difference. It`s designed to clean--nothing more.

If you want to read my more indepth discussion of this product, I wrote a review of Aussie Moist on epinions:

http://www.epinions.com/content_68210495108

Happy weekend! :-)
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic