Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Whats so special about Hairline Illusions?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JamaicanVixen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamaicanVixen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whats so special about Hairline Illusions?
    Posted: July 23 2008 at 9:38pm
Sorry if information about this company has been posted already..

I was looking at the website, and the photos they have are very good. I read bad reviews about the customer service.. but I'm curious to know if they are using special wig caps for their wigs.

Are their laces thinner than the Swiss lace.. also, this Vacuum and Silicone wig, I've read they don't need adhesive or tape when they are applied.. Has anyone ever used this?

The Black label line also looks good.. Can anyone give any info on this company?

What lead me to posting this is, I was beautybymatt.com and I seen his wig applications. I noticed he cuts his lace all the way back and he says he doesn't use any glue .. how is this possible... is this the same vacuum wig thats advertised on hairlineillusions?

SonShyne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SonShyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2008 at 6:09am
I don't know but some of the wigs he has listed on there seem INTERESTING. I think some are self adhering to the bare skin somehow.
cherryangel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherryangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2008 at 11:38pm
From what I hear you have to wear glue...unless you have alopecia which means you are losing your hair or you are completely bald, and need the vacuum or silicone wig. I believe the vacuum and silicone wig doesnt need adhesive because it is very tight and sticks to your skin. I know a little bit about hairline illusions they have different level wigs that start from around $1500 to $16,000(gasp!) but From what I hear you can purchase the same custom wigs at www.kaisdreamhair.com as a special order for much less. I purchased one of their modest price custom lace wig and was very pleased I paid $799 for the "Ebony Dream" a gorgeous and sexy 20 inch full lace wig. After purchasing so many bad lace wigs by trial and error I am now in lace wig heaven! My girlfriend also purchased the "Ebony sweetheart" *special premium one for $1799(gasp) and it was beautiful and very soft like butter with beautful cascading soft waves and curls! I was so jealous! I believe her lace front is equivalent to the french or swiss full lace wig at Hairline Illusions that go for around $3600 Either way I love Kai's dreamhair. Its worth looking into.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2008 at 5:09am
Hair Illusions has its own very sheer lace kind of like their patten.. they also offer TRK (triple reverse knots)... their units are very beautiful but the customer service has had issues in the past.. they are extremely expensive. but you can now get with some chinese vendors a very sheer lace, and the TRK and not pay that kind of money..

cherryangel I'm wondering if that's your business b/c you've posted about them, but they are expensive as well...

We have the information to buy direct from china at 1/4 th the cost..

Edited by sexibeach - July 25 2008 at 5:10am
JamaicanVixen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamaicanVixen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2008 at 4:11pm
Thank you ladies for the info
Gin&tonic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gin&tonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2008 at 12:34am

Does anyone know which Chinese venders offer the sheer lace and/or the TRK?

The vender referal on this thread seems really questionable. FYI ,This site sells ad space and blatant sneeky advertising is frowned upon and won't work anyway.

EDT: Watch out for ebay seller claiming to sell hairline illusions from what  have seen, the only thing special about some of those wigs is the price.

Edited by Gin&tonic - July 30 2008 at 12:35am
precioushur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote precioushur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2008 at 6:00pm
I highly doubt she is trying to advertise for HI.. She was simply asking a question to see if it were worth the money or not. Sheesh
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2008 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by precioushur precioushur wrote:

I highly doubt she is trying to advertise for HI.. She was simply asking a question to see if it were worth the money or not. Sheesh

LOLLOLLOLLOL no precioushur there was a post on here from cherryangel or something like that, that kept posting in every thread some other website that was over priced as well.. IT WASN'T TOWARDS THE OP, i guess admin removed the post b/c she did it in several threads..
ebonyyasmine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebonyyasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2008 at 9:48am
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

Originally posted by precioushur precioushur wrote:

LOLLOLLOLLOL no precioushur there was a post on here from cherryangel or something like that, that kept posting in every thread some other website that was over priced as well.. IT WASN'T TOWARDS THE OP, i guess admin removed the post b/c she did it in several threads..

I think I remember her from the other forum.  LOL
Bella8933 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bella8933 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2008 at 10:51am

They range from 2300 to 15,000!

Out of my budget! :)
Lacygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lacygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2008 at 7:36am
I went on their site and the price seem.....um...... crazy to me. I'll stay w/m china vendors and get the same result
Remeber to tell your children you love them. You might not have that chance tommorow..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic