Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Correcting Color

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unladylikediva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unladylikediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Correcting Color
    Posted: July 30 2008 at 10:09pm
I normally color my own hair and have never had a problem until 2 weeks ago.  I went to Sally's BSS and bought Ion Color Brillance on the suggestion of the clerk, I normally use Clariol.  Anyway, I had over 5 inches of new growth and decided I wanted to dye my hair a level 4 actually I used 4RV, well I used the correct volume developer and the color just didnt take and where it did it was blotchy at best.AngryAngryAngry  I want to recolor and go to a Warm Chestnut Brown color maybe in a Level 5 range.

I was wondering do I have to lighten my hair via bleach to obtain the results I want? Or is there an alternative way I can correct the color because I have a relaxer and I really dont want to bleach my entire head.Confused
Unladylikediva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unladylikediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2008 at 1:37pm
Bump for help!!!!!
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2008 at 1:56pm
Hi UNLadylike! OK...I don't know what your natural colour is, which would really help. I'm going to assume it's darker than level 4 or 5, since that's what you want to get to?

It's interesting that your roots didn't take with the 4RV?! Or is your level already at Level 4? Did you use 20 vol or 10 vol. peroxide?

If the colour didn't take and you want a Level 5, then you SHOULD be able to use the Level 5 colour on it with 20 vol. safely. If you have a relaxer, watch it closely, because the colour could lift very quickly.

Whatever you do, DON't bleach! That would be extremely damaging with a relaxer. Stick with 20 vol. and maybe even 10 vol. I would suggest you deep condition your hair before you try to correct; it will help with the porosity of your hair so the colour can stick. Hope it works out!Tongue
Love clip-ins and tape!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic