Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vitamins for Hair Growth ??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sa_brina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sa_brina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vitamins for Hair Growth ??
    Posted: August 07 2008 at 8:10am
Hi

I am transitioning from perm to natural.   

Can anyone suggest a good vitamin that promotes growth for black hair.   

Someone mentioned "Nioxin". . . .  ?

Thanks.
carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2008 at 5:30pm
i would suggest a vitamin regimen to include hair, skin and nails vitamin, multi, biotin, msm, vitamin c, folic acid and fish oil or flaxseed oil.
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2008 at 7:42pm

Evening Primrose Oil is a good source of Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA), an EFA essential for cell metabolism and growth. This oil, also found in capsule form, aids hair growth and restoration. Other outstanding sources of GLA are Borage Oil and Black Current Oil.

Silica provides collagen essential for luxurious hair growth.
Lecithin is used by every living cell in our bodies. It helps purify your system and aids in the absorption of vitamins A, D, E, and K.
Choline and Inositol are important for hair metabolism.
Calcium is important for actively growing hair follicle cells.
Vitamin E is an excellent antioxidant particularly good for preventing the oxidization of Vitamins A & C, maintains cell membranes and general health of the blood.
Zinc keeps hair follicles from atrophying.
Copper ensures hair pigment.
Manganese and Iron are essential for follicle growth.
Iodine is essential for optimum hair growth.
Niacin restores hair pigmentation when taken over a long period of time.
Biotin has been called "the hair vitamin" because of its growth benefits.

Hair Growth Vitamins and Minerals in The Food You Eat
The quality of your hair reflects in part the adequacy of your diet. Regular well-rounded meals are best for you and your hair. Iron deficiency due to inadequate consumption of red meat or heavy menstrual bleeding in women, could cause hair loss.

Follicle Care and Hair Growth Products:

MTG made for horses, but really does make your hair grow www.shapelys.com

Gueye Fast Growth Oil http://www.allurebeautysupply.com/GUEYE-HAIR-GROWTH-Fast-Grow-Hair-Oil_p_173-710.html

Hair Rush http://www.evitamins.com/product.asp?pid=4507

Folligen Copper Therapy Hair Products www.skinbio.com

Jamaican Black Castor Oil (mix with MTG and Gueye’s Oil) http://www.sams247.com/jamaican-black-castor-oil.aspx

Ultra Black Hair Care Conditioner (Not just for black hair but the best Tingling Conditioner to wake up the follicles)

http://www.ubhpublications.com/ProductOrdering.html 

http://www.alternative-beauty.com/nioxin.html nioxin follicle booster & products

http://www.giovannicosmetics.com/ Giovanni Triple Treat Tea Tree Invigorating Shampoo Great to Stimulate the Follicles I love it tingles the scalp organic shampoo.

http://www.hennaforhair.com/mixes/index.html Henna Great for Conditioning and Coloring hair great receipes for healthy hair coloring

http://www.tahiti-iti.com/ French Polynesian Beauty Products Essential Oils The Best to purchase is the MONOI YLANG-YLANG and the MONOI SANDALWOOD and the Coconut Oil wonderful essentials highly recommended for hair growth.

http://store.sickbay.biz/alterego.html Alter Ego Cren Preventative Hair Loss Treatment

http://www.styleone.com/benefits.html Protein treatment and can be added to chemical perms to restore the structure of the hair cuticle after processing.

blitzman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blitzman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2008 at 2:16am
vitamin H7 also known as biotin
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2008 at 2:41pm

Good info!

Gldspoon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gldspoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2008 at 7:19pm
Here are some hair vitamin reviews....

Vitamins for hair growth

Have you ever tried scalp massage and rinsing your scalp everyday with warm water? That has helped me and other women I know to see faster hair growth. Eat properly and drink a lot of water. Doing cardio helps as well.

Welcome to My World! Beauty Tips for Black Women
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2008 at 8:05pm
I love scalp massages...I need to start back working out though, I have been slackin' in that dept.
Gldspoon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gldspoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2008 at 5:00pm
Tell me about it. I work out but not doing it as consistently as I should. The scalp massages are great too. That's one of the only reasons to go to a salon and get it done by someone else. :)

Welcome to My World! Beauty Tips for Black Women
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2008 at 12:33pm
I kno right, whenever I get my hair done, I can just fall asleep LOL
LavenderPink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LavenderPink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2008 at 12:34am
I love natures sunshine vitamins, I use the hair skin and nails formula and its good, love the multi vitamins.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2008 at 7:20pm
I've been hearing a lot about Nioxin, where can you buy it from?
LavenderPink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LavenderPink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2008 at 9:53pm
Nioxin you can buy online, and or at trade secrets, macy's salons, regis salons, or any salons in your area.
antoinette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antoinette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2008 at 10:55am
Nioxin is good! It good for both natural and chemically treated hair. Also I would recommend a humective conditioner when conditioning your hair as well.
www.myspace.com/netteo81
www.fotki.com/ifeyini
Umph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Umph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2008 at 12:58pm
Nioxin didn't work for me. I used the products for 6 mos and didn't see any growth - and it's pricey. I'm currently using MTG and since Oct. have seen remarkable growth.

Edited by Umph - December 07 2008 at 1:02pm
antoinette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antoinette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2008 at 1:46pm
I liked Nioxin. I have heard about Mega Tech and some women say that they didnt see much growth but everyone is different!
www.myspace.com/netteo81
www.fotki.com/ifeyini
godschild View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote godschild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 9:08pm
I am new to this forum and was curious about the MTG product. what is it good for and how can i purchase it and how to use it?
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 9:15pm
MTG= Shapley's original Mane Tail Groom. I've heard it's smelly (haven't used it) but aids growth.  You can get it from shapleys.com.  I believe you would apply it onto your hair/scalp, massage it in.
godschild View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote godschild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 9:44pm
Thanks for your response. I went to a site Nappturality.com and I believe they gave a good breakdown of MTG and for now I will not try it. I currently purchased the Gueye Hair Care Line so I am waiting to waiting to monitor the results. If you have any suggestions on a product etc that you tried please feel free to share with me. What products are you currently using and what is your progress?
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2009 at 9:30pm
A lot of ladies use Mega-Tek and seen great growth from it.  I've tried it and it didn't give me the results I was looking for: to re-grow lost hair, so I really didn't pay attention to the length since that wasn't my goal.

I keep it simple, I don't use many products, but I make sure to have my moisture and protein covered.

My all around goal is for strong and healthy hair, length wise, I want to see how long I can grow it before I get sick of it and want to cut lol.  When I last checked back in March I was APL-ish and going for MBL by the end of the year.
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2009 at 12:32am
I dont like the smell of MTG. I used Megatek with great success
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic