Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I need help finding an Oil Blend that smells nice.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I need help finding an Oil Blend that smells nice.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lengthygoal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lengthygoal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I need help finding an Oil Blend that smells nice.
    Posted: August 13 2008 at 8:22pm
I'll have to get me some Jasmine oil and try that. Thanks! I know that I'll never have the exact smell but I still would like my hair to smell nice. Its just one of those few things that I OCD about! Tongue
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2008 at 12:16pm
I mixed some jojoba with a couple of drops of jasmine oil for my hair.  I don't know whats in the jasmine oil, but since it was such a small amount I didn't worry about it.  I haven't noticed any derogatory effects, so I'm going to keep assuming its okay and using it.  I LOVE the way it smells, and I don't usually like flowery smells, but I'm addicted to this one.  (I'm careful not to wear it outside in the summer though, would probably attract bees which I'm a little scared of.).

I think if you got any oil that is fruity, it should imitate the smell of some conditioners (maybe not your favorite in particular).  So many smell like apple, strawberry, etc.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lengthygoal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2008 at 9:44pm
Thank you both! Paper I wasn't really looking for anything like that but I'm glad that you shared it with me. Hairbrader I've smelled products with ylang-ylang in them but never the actual oil. I'll have to try that mix and see. Well um...smell. Wink
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2008 at 5:33pm

Lengthygoal, my absolute favorite eo is ylang-ylang and it smells awesome mixed with tangerine!  I'm not really into the flowery scents, but rosewater is nice. 

Paper, thanks for sharing that mixture.  It sounds wonderful!  I'll have to try it sometime when I can get some jojoba.

sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2008 at 6:37am
This is Kimberlily's defrizz spray from the long hair community.

In a 4oz mister, mix the following:

2 tbsp aloe gel
1 tsp jojoba
1 tsp glycerin (you can leave it out if you don't have any)
essential oils of choice

Add distilled water until full, then shake.

Is this the kind of oil blend you were looking for?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lengthygoal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2008 at 8:12pm

I've stopped using my normal leave in conditioner from Herbal Essences and began to use coconut oil. I love the results I get with the oil but miss the good smell of the Herbal Essence conditioner I used before. I'm pretty familiar with essential oils but have not had very good luck blending them into a smell that is similar to what is found in most hair care products or a smell that seems appropriate for hair. I've always liked to have my hair smell as good as it looks so if anyone has any particular blends that smell really good let me know!

Or it can be a fragrance oil blend. I've been debating buying a little bottle of fragrance oil from Bath and Body Works but I'm not sure if it would be safe in my hair even if I use a small amount. Any advice? Thank you all your help!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic