Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
stylish60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stylish60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for help
    Posted: August 15 2008 at 4:58pm
I am a brand new member and hoping someone can help me find THE hairstyle I am looking for.  It is a combination of stacked in the back, but pixie-ish in the front.

Everyone here seems to show photos of young and cute.  I am in my 60's and really like short hair.  I like a clean neckline with a modified stacked back, but cannot do the long layers in front. 

I am looking for something that shows a clean neckline, modified stacked in back.  Sides about the length of the bottom of my ear bowl tapering to the back.  Smooth is not good for me, as I am about 40% gray and am NOT going to color.  (Been there, done that, and not doing it again........looked like a skunk while growing it out, but now embracing my gray).

I cannot do the long Pbob front and prefer something that also fringes and is soft on my face. 

The only photo I could find that even resembles what I am looking for comes from a wig site..............sorry.........

Referencing photo link, I would like the length of hair from ear to bangs shorter, and the top layers shorter (than in photo) if possible........tapering into the stacked in back.  Weight of the hair would be lower than crown...........

Is this possible?

I like to use gel,  push the back and sides horizontal rather than vertical, and like a wispy look on the crown, top,face and bang area, yet still maintain a clean neckline. 

Can anyone help?  

Edited by stylish60 - August 15 2008 at 5:37pm
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2008 at 8:19pm
I found this:

and I found this picture

HAWG
africacut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote africacut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2008 at 4:46am
dear looking for help
im very much intrested to trye my very best to help you to get a new style for the new you
i am cutting womens hair for the last 25 years
if you intrested in my help/sugestions send a picture of your hair style at the moment to my email
lets get that special hairstyle for you
greetings
anton
stylish60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stylish60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2008 at 2:56pm
Thank you HAWG for the link and photo.  They were both extremely helpful.

Anton, thank you for the invitation for personalized evaluation.  That was so nice of you to offer.  Unfortunately, there is no way I can capture a current photo, as my camera is in need of repair as I type.  

I had a very nice phone conversation with a highly-recommended stylist and I think we might be able to communicate well thanks to the information found on this site.  As long as we can communicate, we might be on the road to a new, age-appropriate, and stylish new cut. 

Thank you for reading and responding to my post.  Your comments, help and assistance is appreciated.  I have an appointment this coming week and will let you know if I am beaming or crying.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2008 at 9:15pm
Good luck with the new do and please let us know how it turns out.
HAWG
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2008 at 11:05pm
Did it happen?  Found another

HAWG
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2008 at 7:24pm
HAWG
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic