Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Textures, Colors, and Complexions (new pics added)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Textures, Colors, and Complexions (new pics added)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Myangeleyez1072 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Myangeleyez1072 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Textures, Colors, and Complexions (new pics added)
    Posted: August 17 2008 at 3:14am
Hi, I am a newbie to LFs and I have been reading topic after topic here. You guys are an inspiration!

My issue is this~~I'm african american with albinism, and it seems hard to find stock units with transparent lace, blonde, but not bone straight. I really want a curly unit in a color as close to my own as possible to look as natural as possible. No offense to my caucasian sistas, but I don't want to end up looking white because my LF is too bone straight. I recently ordered from Holly and should recieve my unit on Monday (YAAAY!!). It is a body wave #27. I hope to be able to ordered a custom unit so that I can get one in a 16 Deep Wave or Spanish wavy, or even afro curly (rocked the blonde afro-puffs when I was a kid in the seventies..looked pretty cute, lol).

For you LF Divas on the fairer side, how do you go about choosing your colors or textures, and will a light brown lace color work on someone who is very light skinned?

My

Edited by Myangeleyez1072 - August 21 2008 at 10:09pm
"May those who love us, love us. & 4 those that do not love us, may God turn their hearts. As 4 those who's hearts He cannot turn, may God turn their ankles so that we can know them by their limping."
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2008 at 7:56am
Hey welcome to the board.. You see how light I am, i find that the light brown lace varies vendor to vendor.. I use to order it but i stopped b/c i got a couple that was too dark for me, or at lease made it very obvious that you could see the lace.. I only order transparent now for that reason.. as far as textures, i'm just not a kinky girl..LOLLOL you know what i mean.. they do nothing for me, so i order virgin chinese b/c its a thicker texture and once roller set it appears like a flat ironed AA straight permed hair slightly like a chick with good hair.. LOL for my wavy's b/c i don't order curly (they are the devil), i like them smooth.. curlies are had to manage they tend to tangle more, b/c they are permed to curl upward, especially the kinky curlies.. they are high maintenance.. The only way i wear a curly is if i get a virgin and perm it myself, and then i have no problems with tangles..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Myangeleyez1072 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2008 at 11:33am
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

Hey welcome to the board.. You see how light I am, i find that the light brown lace varies vendor to vendor.. I use to order it but i stopped b/c i got a couple that was too dark for me, or at lease made it very obvious that you could see the lace.. I only order transparent now for that reason.. as far as textures, i'm just not a kinky girl..LOLLOL you know what i mean.. they do nothing for me, so i order virgin chinese b/c its a thicker texture and once roller set it appears like a flat ironed AA straight permed hair slightly like a chick with good hair.. LOL for my wavy's b/c i don't order curly (they are the devil), i like them smooth.. curlies are had to manage they tend to tangle more, b/c they are permed to curl upward, especially the kinky curlies.. they are high maintenance.. The only way i wear a curly is if i get a virgin and perm it myself, and then i have no problems with tangles..

LOL Thanks for warning me against the evils of curly units, LOL. I think I may use these units to experiment with color. Always been afraid to go too dark...but I wonder how dark I could go and look "natural"...?

Here is my first unit

Iz okay for a starter, bt the hairline is too wiggy. This is not the Holly unit! Got it off Ebay.

Here are some pics Holly sent me of my stock unit. I asked her to take pics of the perimeter (once bitten, twice shyLOL) She gave me excellent customer service, and I'm excited o see my unit tomorrow!

pw:#2

Edited by Myangeleyez1072 - August 17 2008 at 11:35am
"May those who love us, love us. & 4 those that do not love us, may God turn their hearts. As 4 those who's hearts He cannot turn, may God turn their ankles so that we can know them by their limping."
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2008 at 6:22pm
first off i think your beautiful you could wear a #4 or #6 as far as darker colors easy. and girl i would work every texture if i were you, hell they think i'm hispanic and who cares.. LOL BUT WOOOOOOOOOO GIRL I LOVE THAT COLOR THAT;S BEAUTIFUL I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT.. you gonna work that girl.. LOL but i totally understand about going dark i can't go really dark, this unit i'm wearing in my avatar is too dark that's why i look pale.. i usually buy virgin and take the color up to about a 2 or a 3..

Edited by sexibeach - August 17 2008 at 6:25pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Myangeleyez1072 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2008 at 7:00pm
Thank you!!!Embarrassed I'm really excited...I think these two units will be the first of many....I can only hope I will look as great as you and the other vets!! I will post pics when it arrives. The one I have now is a bit sticky around the perimeter, still working on my app. I have Notape, and I've ordered proflex tape and ORWG.  So sprinkle a lil bit of your pixie dust on me  so I hopefully will have a great app to show you tomorrow!Wink
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2008 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by Myangeleyez1072 Myangeleyez1072 wrote:

Thank you!!!Embarrassed I'm really excited...I think these two units will be the first of many....I can only hope I will look as great as you and the other vets!! I will post pics when it arrives. The one I have now is a bit sticky around the perimeter, still working on my app. I have Notape, and I've ordered proflex tape and ORWG.  So sprinkle a lil bit of your pixie dust on me  so I hopefully will have a great app to show you tomorrow!Wink

GREAT I'LL BE LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Myangeleyez1072 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2008 at 9:25pm
Hey, Ms. Sexi!

Not only is my unit beautiful, it is the perfect color, really close to my own hair color. The hairline looks natural (thank goodness, I was worried), Holly did a fantastic job for me and I will definately by from her again. I am adding pics to my Fotki, and the password is the same, so please go check it out! Oh, the pics I am about to add are ones where I tried it on before I cut the lace. I did have to size it down some by using Breh color pencil tricck on my nape area, and I was a lil woried, but detern=mined to do it right (wasn't gonna mess by new baby up!!). So thanks to Breh and to you for wonderful tips and advice for us new kids on the block!

pw: #2

I am letting my hairline "cure" for an hour or two, then I will upload more pics. Please excuse my rough look (no make-up).

My

Edited by Myangeleyez1072 - August 18 2008 at 9:38pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Myangeleyez1072 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2008 at 10:21pm

GREAT I'LL BE LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!

Hey, Ms. Sexi!

Not only is my unit beautiful, it is the perfect color, really close to my own hair color. The hairline looks natural (thank goodness, I was worried), Holly did a fantastic job for me and I will definately by from her again. I am adding pics to my Fotki, and the password is the same, so please go check it out! Oh, the pics I am about to add are ones where I tried it on before I cut the lace. I did have to size it down some by using Breh color pencil tricck on my nape area, and I was a lil woried, but detern=mined to do it right (wasn't gonna mess by new baby up!!). So thanks to Breh and to you for wonderful tips and advice for us new kids on the block!

pw: #2

I am letting my hairline "cure" for an hour or two, then I will upload more pics. Please excuse my rough look (no make-up).

My
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2008 at 5:34am
That's wonderful i can't wait to see.. Wink  OK I SAW THEM ITS BEAUTIFUL SHE DID AN EXCELLENT JOB, AND SO DID YOU WITH YOUR APPLICATION Clap

Edited by sexibeach - August 19 2008 at 5:42am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Myangeleyez1072 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2008 at 8:52am

That's wonderful i can't wait to see.. Wink  OK I SAW THEM ITS BEAUTIFUL SHE DID AN EXCELLENT JOB, AND SO DID YOU WITH YOUR APPLICATION Clap

I added more pics of the actual application (post app). Is actually attached, lol.
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2008 at 12:19pm
myangel: I think you did a great job and that is some beautiful hair! I would say you could even do a mix of #27/#613 or #27/#22 --- with more pale ash blonde highlights since you have a rosy complexion.  I've ready that rose complexions should go with cooler tones. Thanks for sharing.Tongue
Love clip-ins and tape!
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2008 at 12:22pm

I added more pics of the actual application (post app). Is actually attached, lol.
excellent i love it, it makes me wanna go back light again!!Clap
deebee73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deebee73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2008 at 9:09pm
That is some pretty hair and you did a great job on your app.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Myangeleyez1072 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2008 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by fakeizme fakeizme wrote:

myangel: I think you did a great job and that is some beautiful hair! I would say you could even do a mix of #27/#613 or #27/#22 --- with more pale ash blonde highlights since you have a rosy complexion.  I've ready that rose complexions should go with cooler tones. Thanks for sharing.Tongue

I almost got a # 24, but thought it would be too light. I got the #27 thinking it would be darker than it turned out to be, but I do plan to get more in the ash tones when I get my next unit. Thanks for advice!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Myangeleyez1072 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2008 at 9:37pm

I would love to see you in a lighter shade..you are a beauty light or dark!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Myangeleyez1072 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2008 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by deebee73 deebee73 wrote:

That is some pretty hair and you did a great job on your app.

Thank you!Smile
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2008 at 6:27am

I would love to see you in a lighter shade..you are a beauty light or dark!

child i was light for many years, and now i could do it without killing my hair.. LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic