Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I have thick hair, and I want to cut it short!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lexi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lexi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I have thick hair, and I want to cut it short!
    Posted: January 31 2003 at 8:39pm
I`ve seen several pics of how I`d like to cut my hair....its a reddish brown, shoulder length, and very thick. It takes me a long time to wash and dry and style, and I want to cut it off. I saw a style I like(http://www.hairboutique.com//wgallery/BSH238.jpg), but I don`t know if it will work with my thick hair. Any advice? =D
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2003 at 10:32pm
Very nice style you picked out. If your hair is straight, I don`t see any problems with that cut. A good stylist can easily "take the bulk" out.
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2003 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Lexi Lexi wrote:

I've seen several pics of how I'd like to cut my hair....its a reddish brown, shoulder length, and very thick. It takes me a long time to wash and dry and style, and I want to cut it off. I saw a style I like(http://www.hairboutique.com//wgallery/BSH238.jpg), but I don't know if it will work with my thick hair. Any advice? =D

Hi Lexi,

That is a nice style you picked out. It reminds me of one that Huntress on Birds of Prey has.

The only concern I would have is if your hair doesn't lay as flat as that due to the thickness. What I mean is

Her hair is like: //@¿@\\

& yours could be like: ////@¿@\\\ (<--- There's supposed to be another \ here but it won't show up when I edit it.)

But a good stylist could probably solve that problem if that were a problem for you. As loveshort&blonde said they could take out the bulk.

Is there anything about that picture that you would change if you had that style?
shorthair75_2000 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthair75_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2003 at 3:51pm
Nice hairstyle you want. How thick is your hair? what texture is it and is it straight curly, wavey, is it healthy? these are all things you must know before you can chop your hair. A good stylist that you trust should be able to pull of any style regradless of all those things I asked you if they take those into an account. You may want to ask them to use textureising shears to cut your hair, this will take some of the weight off with out makeing it to choppy looking. They can also shorten under layers to thin your hair out a little. what they do is take a thin section under your top layer of hair and cut it short, like layers but hidden and it thins the hair. Over all you should not have any problems with the style with your thick hair. Good luck and let us all know how it went, maybe you can post your before and after pics on one of the Yahoo groups.
lexi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lexi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2003 at 12:50pm
=D Thanks a lot, everyone! I really appreciate it. I haven't gotten my hair cut yet, haven't had enough time. Its straight, pretty healthy, and of course, reaaaaaaaaally thick. Hehe. I'll let you know how it goes (if I ever get it done)
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2003 at 7:39am
Lexi: I hope the style works out for you--let us know how it turns out!

Robert: I love the way you "illustrated" thick, short hair with slashes....made me smile :-)
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2003 at 8:31am
I don't know. That model has fine hair that is on the thinnish side. If you hair is very thick, I think you might get a very different result. Just keep that in mind when you go to the salon. I personally think thick hair does better in that type of style but it may look very different than what you see in the picture. Good luck.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
lexi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lexi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2003 at 12:33pm
Haa. I return. =D I got it done. It doesn't look a lot like the picture, but I still like it. O_0 I kinda look like Mary Tyler Moore though.

Here's a pic:
http://www.geocities.com/caffienesupply/hee.JPG

Thanks again for your advice!
Lady Maria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady Maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2003 at 4:06pm
Congratulations, I hope you enjoy your new style!

I went from very long hair to a short style myself a while back and once you get used to it I think you will actually like it better.
Lady Maria
Ingrid16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingrid16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2003 at 5:22pm
Hi! Congrats on your new style! I agree with Lady Maria (above)...I've also gone short recently, and altho I'm still getting used to it, I like it much better than when it was long. :) :)

Luv,
Inga
If I had wings then I could take you in
I'd stay on the ground and show you some things
The grass is strewn with blades of gold
all sights and sounds I have been told
all hopes, desires, seem to sing
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic