Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Medium Blond came out very Greenish - what to do?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Medium Blond came out very Greenish - what to do?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
what_project View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote what_project Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Medium Blond came out very Greenish - what to do?
    Posted: August 22 2008 at 2:45pm
Wow I had no idea! Hey, I would have tried pickled herring if that promised good results. :)

karen s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karen s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2008 at 2:20pm
I know this sounds Ugh, but it works, for future green horror stories for anyone. Use tomato Ketchup and emulsify it into your hair for a few minutes, then shampoo and condition as normal. The red in the tomato's cancels out the green cast in your hair.

I just like to add I am a professional hairstylist and I have tried this, only whilst I was training I might add, lol. It works, maybe even after 2 applications. Only thing is don't re- use the tomato sauce for your fish& chips afterward's, not a good idea,lol.

Karen.
karen sanderson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote what_project Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2008 at 2:07pm
"Clarifying shampoo" gave me an idea - I thought I could just repeat the citric acid treatment that I've done right after the shampoo train. So I mixed 50% citric acid crystals and 50% shampoo, took the time to do a strand test - I always test, I'm too scared not to - and then applied that mixture to my hair for about an hour and a half. Poof! green was gone. I toned the yellows with violet and got a nice ash. Then I've added a couple warmer highlights and tomorrow I'll put in a few very subtle blond highlights.

Wow I'm happy.

Edited by what_project - August 22 2008 at 2:08pm
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2008 at 7:06am
Depending on how green it is, you might want to try clarifying shampoo instead of toner, especially since you wanted to try to avoid more chemical damage.  If its really only a greenish cast, it would probably fade in a week or two with exposure to the sun and normal shampooing (I've had it before back when my blonde dye had a green base).  So either a clarifying shampoo or a 50/50 shampoo/baking soda mix may get it all out in one shot without you needing to do a toner.   Condition really well afterwards, those are drying things to do, but conditioner will fix that.  Its something to try first at least.
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote what_project Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2008 at 6:15pm
Well, I finally got my hair to uniform color! If I took a black-and-white photo, it will portray medium blond with highlights and some lowlights. But... in color, it's green. Ash with some real scary green in it. I used L'Oreal Majirel in 7 (Natural Medium Blond) as main color and 8 (natural blond) for highlights, on bleached hair. My natural color is Medium Ash blond but there was none of that when I colored - I had worked real hard on removing the red dye that I previously used, so I shampooed about 1000 times and then bleached.

I don't think my hair can take anymore hard processing (the Shampoo train, the full bleaching, the dyeing). Which toner should I use to kill the green and make the Medium Blond a little warmer? not golder, but maybe a teeny-tiny bit pinkier? So that it's not a Greenish Ash Zombie look?

Thank you in advance!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic