Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How long did it take you?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How long did it take you?
    Posted: February 03 2003 at 9:05pm
Okay, we constantly hear these statistics like, hair grows on average a
half of an inch a month, there may be down periods for growth and so
on. But hair growth seems to vary.

Some of you were growing your hair out and hoped to reach a goal. Can
you tell me, how long was your hair when you started, and how long
did it take to reach your goal - and what was it. Better still, do you
remember how long it took to reach various stepping stones? Eg. you
had a nape-length bob and wanted arch of the back-long hair. How long
did it take to reach your chin? Your collar? Your shoulders?

I'd also appreciate if you'd note whether you have a long or small face, a long
or short neck...
caro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2003 at 5:15am
eight horrible months to reach my shoulders!

I started at a layered lip to chin-length bob, it took me six months to grow to collar length ans eight months to grow to shoulder lenth which was my first goal, this weekend I let some highlights put in it and cut the layers a bit to get some shape in my hair, I'm very satisfied about it now, my next goal is bra strap length! (then waist, then hip length)
karonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2003 at 12:05pm
I remember going from a little past ear length to about an inch past my shoulders all in 7 months.
Ingrid16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingrid16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2003 at 7:55am
Hey! Mine's really short now, but up until about 4 or 5 months ago I was pretty much letting it grow. It took probably about 3 years to grow from a really ugly chin-length to about 2 or 3 inches past my shoulders...painfully slow. Its pretty curly, tho, so at its longest I could pull it out straight and it was about to my shoulder blades or so. I have a kinda small face and a long, skinny neck, which it part of the reason I wound up cutting it all off...I looked like I was lost in a bush with long hair!
It sux, tho, cuz I like long hair, & sometimes I really regret cutting it....:(
Oh well!

Inga
If I had wings then I could take you in
I'd stay on the ground and show you some things
The grass is strewn with blades of gold
all sights and sounds I have been told
all hopes, desires, seem to sing
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2003 at 9:36am
I have tried short hair with great frustration for the past four years or so. This past summer I began the long process of growing it back to mid-neck length. My hair is very fine and I am 46 so I can't very well do long anymore but two or three inches past my chin is good. So far I have gone from mid-ear length to lip length since August. This seems slow but I am cutting off layers too so the growing process will be longer for me. Also, I hate the growing out look and so I still get trims every eight weeks or so. I am hoping that the front will be close to the length I am aiming for by June. The back is a bit shorter since I am growing it out in an inverted bob.
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2003 at 12:28pm
It took me about two years to grow my hair out from just above shoulders (bobish style) to the middle of my back (below bra strap). During that time, I only had the back trimmed once every six months. It stayed in pretty good health, as I avoided using any kind of heat, air drying it almost every day, even in winter. I used semi-permanent haircolor only to keep my grey covered to minimize chemical damage.

In May 02 I got tired of it and had it trimmed to just below shoulder length with an angle and some long layers, and it felt really light and wonderful. I had that re-done in Dec 02, and now it's just under my bra strap again.

In summary, if you really want to grow out your hair, one trim every six months will work well. But to keep it healthy, you have to avoid chemicals and heat while it's growing if you're going to trim it that infrequently.
[/url]

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic