Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How can i change the color of lace

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Flower2008 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flower2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How can i change the color of lace
    Posted: August 26 2008 at 8:11pm
I want to make my lace color darker , i bought a stock unit with light brown lace wich is too light for me, the reason i bought it is because i liked the hair and he did not have it in medium or dark brown,
How can i change the color of lace?
I woud appreciate your help alot!!
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2008 at 4:20pm
BREH'S INSTRUCTION ON DYING THE LACE:

Hi Ladies,

I went to the fabric store last week looking for Rit Dye to dye the lace of my lf.  I wanted to dye my lace from a light brown which blended very well with my skin to a brown shade. While looking for the Rit Dye I stumbled upon these permanent fabric dyeing pens, called FabricMate. I was skeptical so I purchased the Rit Dye along with the pen. I tried the pen out on a left over piece of lace that  I had, and I must say that it worked pretty well. I just got around to trying the pen on my lf, a few minutes ago and it works very well. I took the pen and lightly colored the inside  and outside perimeter of my cap to see what it looks like and it looks great. The lace blends so well with my skin that it disappers with no adhseive applied. This is a great product, the color is permanent, and you don't have to worry about getting any dye on the knots. Thumbs%20Up You can purchase the fabric dyeing pens at any fabric store, craft store, or online.

Curlygirl11's tip:

Custom Colored Lace & Wig Caps Tutorial

Edited by sexibeach - August 27 2008 at 4:24pm
Flower2008 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flower2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2008 at 7:35pm

Thank you so much!!!!! i will go to teh craft store and fine it.

This is very helpfull

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic