Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hi all,I`m new, with a hair problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ladyinchaos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladyinchaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hi all,I`m new, with a hair problem
    Posted: September 04 2008 at 5:05pm

Hi ,I`m Anna. I have a hair problem and was wondering if someone could help. Confused

A few weeks ago(may be a month ago) I attempted to color my hair blonde .At that time I was dark strawberry blonde(was very happy with the choice :) After this attempt ,I turned yellow ,very dirty looking yellow!!! I know it`s because of the pigment in my hair, I know that now.Ouch

I went to a salon and had it toned with a blue toner ,it looked OK, but still was a little yellow,only darker. So I went to a beauty school and got convinced that highlights are the best solution to my problem and a right thing when becoming a true blonde(I want platinum)So I had my hair sliced with full head bleached highlights .It looked BETTER, but I still had this yellow tint that was bothering me. Well after 2 weeks I started noticing roots(very dark roots, not my natural color roots, almost black) I freaked out and went to sally for some advice ,since I just can`t afford highlights anymore. So this clerk suggested getting BEIGE HIGH LIFT BLUE/GOLD BASE COLOR with some 20 volume peroxide. Not knowing what I`m getting myself into, I bought it, went home and turned myself into cheap looking blonde wanna be!!! Now ,with my highlights and brassiness, I`m beige/yellow, with no signs of BLONDE!!!! I don`t know what to do ,since my hair  has been colored so many times for the past month, it`s damaged and I`m working on it, as far as deep conditioning... And all I want is to be beautiful blonde with no yellow in it ,closer to level 9.I know I`ve made mistakes, because of not having a knowledge ,but is there any chance someone could help me with this dilemma??? I`m going to be attending a wedding in 2 months and I already have a dress for it ,even a babysitter,but NO HAIR ,lol.

please, if someone knows how to fix my problem, let me know.

thanks a lot.

this a link to my hair

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc207/imaladyinchaos/IMG_6460.jpg

Edited by ladyinchaos - September 06 2008 at 12:35am
jackie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2008 at 7:35am
Hi Ladyinchaos,

Remember the staff at Sallies are not licence Hair dressers.  They are there to help you buy something base on the directions on the product.  I have membershipcard.  I don't know anything about colors. Call one of your friends for a good hair stylist or you can go to Dominican hair stylist and ask them for a free consultaion.  Their prices are cheaper and they use good products on your hair.  They will tell you what they are putting in your hair if you ask.  Please try not to do your hair yourself, you may start lossing your hair! Tell them what happen and how could they help with treatments and if it would be a good idea to put more color on your current damage hair.  They should be able to let you know the condition of your hair. Try to find out the days they have Specials on for wash and set/blow drying.

Edited by jackie23 - September 05 2008 at 9:41pm
Where there is a will there is a way

http://public.fotki.com/jackie23/

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladyinchaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2008 at 12:13pm
Hi Jackie.I`m not sure I know what Dominican hair stylist is and where are they located??? I`m in Chicago,IL.
thanks for advising.
jackie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2008 at 8:29pm
Check this links out to find out about Dominical hair stylist. 

User Rating: 45 out of 5 stars (4 ratings)

Bi-by's Hair Salon

(773) 772-5035 http://il.local.yahoo.biz/bibyshairsalon
3737 W Armitage Ave, Chicago, IL 60647 Map it | Get directions Cross Streets: Between N Ridgeway Ave and N Hamlin Ave

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladyinchaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2008 at 9:12pm

thanks, but no thanks!!!! :) 1.my hair is too short.2. I have pretty good hair stuff to correct the damage.3 I just need someone to evaluate how much damage is done to my hair with all the coloring and then just tell me what needs to be done in order to correct the color!!! as far as I`m concerned they don`t speak much at Dominican hair salons and don`t do coloring. I appreciate your help thou.     Thumbs%20Up

jackie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2008 at 9:36pm

oh, sorry I wasn't able to help you.  They do coloring at the salon I go to and yes my salon they talk alot. I guess is just depends on the person in any salon.  Infact I am going to have a rinse next time week.Smile  My best friend in New Yorks gets her hair colored  in a Dominican Hair Salon. Do what makes you comfortable.  Good luck on your hair journey.Smile

Edited by jackie23 - September 05 2008 at 9:39pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladyinchaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2008 at 9:39pm
hmm,that`s not what I`ve read about them,but It`s not like I`m against it,infact Id love to go see what it is and how it is...I think I`ll do that soon.So you think they would provide me with a free consultation? how much do they charge for all over color if in my situation?!
jackie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2008 at 10:10pm
I would call before you go for a free consultation. They only accept walk ins.  Gotta to save on your time and gas. Go durning the week if you must first thing in the morning at about 10am. Only if you have one close to your home. You can just walk in and ask. Don't forget to ask their prices for a wash and set... I have been doing alot of research about Dominicans stylist.  You have good ones and bad ones as you do with regular stylist.  Most of the Dominicans charge about $14-25 for a wash and set. When I go next week I will pay $20 on Tuesday special for a roll and wrap.  I don't know how much it cost for a rinse or permanent color.    I saw a lady with short hair it was about 2-3 inches she had a color all over with a plastic hat on under the dryer but I don't know if it was a rinse/permanent color. 

FYI: Note my regular stylist last relaxer she turn the container around so I could not see the strenght. She did not base my scalp or put any protector on my hair before and after.  3 minutes later my hair  started buring then it was on fire! Angry  I screamed. " my hair is on fire, you must of used regular instead of mild! I had burn scares on my necklineCry I got a free wash and blow and she relaxed a ladies hair who relaxed the same time as me 3 weeks ago, again with relaxer and a color and her middle of head had 20 strands of hair!Shocked She kept complaing that her hair was breaking. I saw a bald patchShockedNo treatment.Shocked Oh my start started flaking. Cry  I would have a ball leaving a review for this stylist.  This was my last day.  

I have some girls on fotki who goes to a dominical stylist with color rinse, I don't remeber everyone but I remember this girl.

Check out my fotki: 

Edited by jackie23 - September 05 2008 at 10:53pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladyinchaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2008 at 10:46pm
what is rinse???? what exactly does it do to your hair? how is it performed? see,I`ve got so many questions about hair,i`m like soooooo uneducated in that mater :))))
jackie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2008 at 11:01pm

Rinse:
A hair color rinse deposits a temporary color on the hair. It can deepen the color, add shine, or refresh existing but "blah" color. It doesn't lighten hair because it contains no peroxide. They usually last up to 6 shampoos before you have to reapply

If it's a semi permanent color. It normally lasts 6-8 washes and can darken or change the color of your hair but not lighten it as you need bleach for that :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladyinchaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2008 at 11:55pm
do you think I could bleach my hair? I`ve got full head bleache high lights.you think it`s safe to bleach the full head? ofcourse after deep conditioning that i`m doing. what`s the difference between semi-permanent and a toner,do you know??? sorry for asking soo many questions,I dont mean to drive u crazy :)))

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladyinchaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2008 at 12:33am
this is the link to my photobucket`s pix of my hair.

jackie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2008 at 6:15am

Your hair is lovely and long!. I don't think its a good idea to do it yourself.  Smile Try to do walk-ins so this way you can see if they are friendly too. Get a free consultation and get a feel for the salon.  Write a list of were you are going to go first. Good luck.  Remember you have 2 months before you go to the wedding.  You have enough time to get your beautiful blond hair. Smile I don't think its a good idea to bleach the whole head.  I was only able to find one Dominical hair stylist. When you go to a free consultation tell them what happen to your hair. The more they know the more they will be able to help you.Approve

Edited by jackie23 - September 06 2008 at 6:25am

Jammer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2008 at 12:57pm
welcome to the forums! :)
L'amour, tojours l'amour...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic