Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

oil/honey

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: oil/honey
    Posted: September 06 2008 at 6:15pm
I've been using Jojoba Oil on my ends. Lately, I switched to Coconut Oil. My hair is getting longer and started using on my length too. Also, I was going to do a honey treatment to my hair.

So, I was wondering if it's safe for color treated hair?

Thanks
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2008 at 12:47pm
Paper, I think honey is a great conditioning treatment. I have heard that it can lighten the hair slightly because it contains a peroxide-like element. If you don't mind your colour getting a bit lighter, then you'll be OK!
Love clip-ins and tape!
Lickalime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lickalime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2008 at 8:41pm
how would you apply honey to your hair?  that sounds so sticky

Edited by Lickalime - September 08 2008 at 8:41pm
I am at 32"
~goal length 36"
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2008 at 7:54am
Thanks Fakeizme, thats good to know, I've been wanting to try the honey treatment.

Lickalime, the recipe is....

1 part conditioner
1/4 part honey
1/4 part clear aloe vera gel

Place in a cup and warm in microwave for 10 to 15 seconds, just until warm. Wash hair and squeeze out excess, blot dry, leave in under heat cap, warm towels or shower cap, for an hour or so. Rinse well
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2008 at 12:59pm
What a great recipe! Thanks Paper. I bet that will leave the hair very soft and silky. I have heard about the wonders of honey. You'll have to tell us how it goes!
Love clip-ins and tape!
Sophia1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophia1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2008 at 8:34pm
I love this advice for a honey treatment, I am going to try it also !  

I have used both aloe and olive oil mixed with conditioner, with pretty good results. I advise using very little olive oil, because a little goes a long, long way.  It tends to weigh the hair down a lot, but it's a great conditioner. 

Thanks for the recipe paper !!  :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic