Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Looking 4 Best AA Texture. Help Pls.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MizzNaomi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MizzNaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking 4 Best AA Texture. Help Pls.
    Posted: September 10 2008 at 9:48pm
Hey guys I need help!  Easy question... I'm ready to purchase a LW.  I want a realistic relaxed look, I'm torn btw:

Yaky Light, Yaky, & Kinky Straight (after its been straightened)

Which texture will give me a textured, non-silky, African American relaxed look, with movement?  

I'm considering Kinky Staight but I'm afraid of always having to straighten it & more afraid it will look thick and stiff even after its flat ironed.

I plan to order from Rex.

Kind replies are soooo appreciated! Smile
**FABULOUS** MAKE-OVER 2008: HAIR, SKIN, BODY: DEADLINE, DECEMBER 2009
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2008 at 4:55am
you could get a light yaki with chinese remy its gives the most realistic look of freshly permed AA hair.. more than the Indian Remy does..
RDYRED25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RDYRED25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2008 at 7:50am
please tell me again the difference between chinese and indian remy???
MizzNaomi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MizzNaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2008 at 3:53pm
Sexibeach: Thanx. But is Kinky Straight not recommended 4 the AA relaxed look?  I'm afraid that if I go with that Yaki Lite it will look too silky and straight... so scared to choose the wrong texture

RdyRed25: Chinese hair has a thicker hair shift and tends to be less silky than Indian hair.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2008 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by RDYRED25 RDYRED25 wrote:

please tell me again the difference between chinese and indian remy???

Chinese virgin is the strongest texture of hair b/c the hair shaft is thicker..

Asian Hair is very strong and thick hair (and for the most part straight hair). It's great for that long silky look. This hair handles chemical process such as hair color quite well, but is not good hair for perming into shape- it is naturally straight and best at that. If wave or curl or even body is needed, it is best to use Eastern Indian hair.

Indian Hair is better for chemical processing..

Eastern Indian Hair is one of the best hair out there. In its own natural form. It is equivelent to a lite body wave but its a natural wave on its own. Even if you wish to perm hair into a Deep Wave, this hair works best because it already has wave motion on its own- resulting in much less chemical process time and giving you healther hair and longer wear time. Sometimes you can find Eastern Indian hair that has a natural mixture of body wave a deep wave.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2008 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by MizzNaomi MizzNaomi wrote:

Sexibeach: Thanx. But is Kinky Straight not recommended 4 the AA relaxed look?  I'm afraid that if I go with that Yaki Lite it will look too silky and straight... so scared to choose the wrong texture

RdyRed25: Chinese hair has a thicker hair shift and tends to be less silky than Indian hair.

Kinky straight is thicker and its not the same as light yaki.. so if your wanting a kinky straight get indian cuz its high maintenance that wild wooly kind of hair and hard to tame.. b/c chinese is thick enough it wouldn't do a kinky straight in that texture.. if you were wanting a light yaki get chinese.. if you want a yaki that's not as hard to tame, then get the italian yaki it gives you that natural look without the crimps and its softer and has a sheen as well, and more manageable.. its just a different way of making the AA texture with Indian hair.. its not italian hair, its indian but the texture is so much more workable and pretty and soft and not that kind of hair you need to tame like a kinky straight.. and some CV's do this technique.

Edited by sexibeach - September 11 2008 at 5:20pm
MizzNaomi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MizzNaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2008 at 10:49pm

Sexibeach: thanks. If KS is that wooly kind of hair why were people praising it so much? I was hearing that is so soft and all this..

Does Kinky Straight have the ability to look like a relaxed hair?
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2008 at 5:34am

Sexibeach: thanks. If KS is that wooly kind of hair why were people praising it so much? I was hearing that is so soft and all this..

Does Kinky Straight have the ability to look like a relaxed hair?

b/c it does look like AA hair that hasn't been chemically processed, but the technique to make it look that way the hair kind of dry and it can be overwhelming.. no Kinky straight does not have the ability to look relaxed its like you need a perm..
MizzNaomi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MizzNaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2008 at 12:16am

Why is regular Yaki not recommended for that authentic AA relaxed look?

Also sexi beach... in your opinion, would u recommend a silktop unit or a swiss lace for a true scalp appearance?  Which one looks the most natural to you?  I ask b/c I went to the beauty supply store and saw their lace front unit and the lace looked soo transparent! I didn't see how anyone would b able to see any lace/matrix.........
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2008 at 4:53am

Why is regular Yaki not recommended for that authentic AA relaxed look?

Also sexi beach... in your opinion, would u recommend a silktop unit or a swiss lace for a true scalp appearance?  Which one looks the most natural to you?  I ask b/c I went to the beauty supply store and saw their lace front unit and the lace looked soo transparent! I didn't see how anyone would b able to see any lace/matrix.........

it just doesn't look relaxed like you've just received a fresh perm, the only one that has that look is the light yaki.. you could flat iron it but heat isn't really recommended b/c in the long run your life span won't be long with using constant heat.. i think the silktop's are ok, but they must be behind the hairline as their starting point. otherwise it looks detectable, and the only other problem is getting it to match your skin.. which requires dying it.. i still like the lace best, but that's just my opinion..
MizzNaomi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MizzNaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2008 at 1:19pm

Thanx Sexibeach 4 answering my questions!! That's so nice of u...

So I will go go with the Rex, light yaki, chinese remy, 1B, silk top.  Hopefully it will be a good match and not too silky.  I just need to find something to dye the silk.

My only other obstacle is re-creating the PAIGE unit made by CLW.  I showed Rex a picture and he said he can do it.  But I want that EXACT curl pattern, with that exact hair, which is kind of kinky.  I hope he doesnt just put any ole curl pattern in it.  Any comments on this??

royaltee48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote royaltee48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2008 at 7:17am

Hey guys I need help!  Easy question... I'm ready to purchase a LW.  I want a realistic relaxed look, I'm torn btw:

Yaky Light, Yaky, & Kinky Straight (after its been straightened)

Which texture will give me a textured, non-silky, African American relaxed look, with movement?  

I'm considering Kinky Staight but I'm afraid of always having to straighten it & more afraid it will look thick and stiff even after its flat ironed.

I plan to order from Rex.

Kind replies are soooo appreciated! Smile
I am a lace wig addict, I get my daily fix from www.klacewigs.com
royaltee48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote royaltee48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2008 at 7:20am
Hi, you can get the coarse yaki which looks just like AA hair with a fresh perm.  wonderful texture, in between kinky straight and like yaki...you dont have to flat iron it, just where it.....I cut mine into long layers and it looks beautiful.   coarse yaki is the way to go.....hope this helps
I am a lace wig addict, I get my daily fix from www.klacewigs.com
MsLiberty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsLiberty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2008 at 5:10pm
royaltee, where did you buy your coarse yaki from?
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2008 at 6:46pm
italian yaki looks better than coarse and kinky straight..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic