Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Extension 'apology'

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Renee Pieper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Pieper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Extension 'apology'
    Posted: September 22 2008 at 7:12pm

Hi all!  This is my first post on the forum.  I’m looking forward to chatting throughout the forum as everyday is an opportunity to learn or share something new!  I’m an account rep for Pierre Diamond Trends HQ as well as a licensed beautician & extensionist.  I joined this forum and another recently after receiving a flood of requests from our direct customers who had issues with their ‘promotions’.   I was asked by my manager (and the owner of PDT) to pretty much make a public apology and/or announcement on behalf of a lot of controversy revolving around our products as well as the method our resellers have utilized to promote their purchases for resale.  Please know I am not here to promote the product, the company or the opinions of others.  The owner of PDT has reached out to the board’s admin to dissolve these issues and inform them we do not endorse this method of advertising whatsoever.  I already joined another large forum and also let the forum members know our true position.  I’m glad I did as they are good communities & I’m personally enjoying the topics!  Advertising should be handled appropriately and NOT through forums developed for the good to share knowledge.  This is made clear to all of our customers when they purchase for resale.  Our direct resellers of non private label tend to be the issue per the posts we’ve reviewed.

PDT agrees with the steps taken to avoid this from occurring on the forums, i.e. pull down posts, banning, etc.   The “debate” that took place a short time ago was completely out of line (newer reseller wrong doing).  We apologize to those affected, totally uncalled for.   Those that have purchased bulk for resale were basically WARNED you will hurt your own business if you spam!  In the past we only sold large private label wholesale which is why there are a flood of issues with a lot of resellers running out of the gate at the same time.

I do hope that noone was negatively affected by this and thank you all for understanding my reason for this post and the position of the company I work for.  Again, I am not on this forum to discuss the products but to hopefully reach our resellers and ask them to avoid this advertising route and pitch in my personal thoughts throughout the forum based on the industry in general.  I post this now as it just recently happened on another forum and that is outright not fair to anyone in that community either.  Great hair sells itself.   No need for the spam billboards and debates.  Once again, we apologize on behalf of our reseller(s) and their actions.

Thank you all for reading this “blog”  aka  book!! J  I look forward to chatting with everyone ! 

-Renee Smile
DanaCO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanaCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2008 at 1:06am
Welcome, Renee!

I think that your post is very, very commendable. It is nice to see someone such as yourself being honest and upfront about who they are and helping give advice on the boards. I think most people that have taken issue with vendors, myself included, have mostly done so when the vendor has promoted in an unscrupulous way or shoved their brand down people's throats. I look forward to hearing your expertise!
Renee Pieper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Pieper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2008 at 1:33am
Thank you Dana!  I appreciate the feedback. Smile Our company only works through Google as our larger accounts consume most of our time and inventory.  The need to advertise on that level does not do anything special for the core business.   Our IT guys ran the google rank updates and found 3 "battles" online.  After a brief meeting and organizing, letters were written then I was asked to join the forums and let people know what was really going on.  Of course they asked me as I type books! haha  On a serious note, I appreciate your thoughts and dont blame you or anyone else who gets bombarded by vendors.  Our hair doesnt need that push whatsoever.  Unfortunaltey its the newer vendors trying to make a name for themselves whether private label selling or reselling of our line.  The owners did not like the misrepresentation is all and I cant blame them. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic