Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I'm glad to find this site!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'm glad to find this site!
    Posted: October 21 2008 at 2:15pm
I'm late too entiat4, to tell you I like your hair long! 

Kramer, I think that's why so many short haired ladies (not even half probably, but certainly some) just hate long hair - when husbands say such things.  His wife might just be a lover of short hair and have no desire to have it longer, in which case, its not very nice of him to say that, even if it is his wish.  (Her rolling her eyes makes me think he probably made his wish known before, once is great of course, but it probably means he is harping on it at this point).

I'll relay my own overheard story.  There was a lady working in our business office where I work, (tall, thin, blonde, and always with short hair).  I heard her complaining to one of the other ladies in there.  The part I overheard was - She asked her husband "What's so great about her" and he said "Well, she has pretty long hair and pretty eyes...", and her response to him was "if you took that away, cut off her hair, then what have you got?"   I thought this was really sad to hear.  All she could think of to say is try to get her husband to picture the other woman with short hair. (Now I don't know what else may have happened, but since that's all she said I'm guessing he didn't do anything).  That was years ago and she still has short hair.  She just wouldn't consider growing it, even with his support.  She is a short haired lady at heart.

Edited by Susan W - October 21 2008 at 2:17pm
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2008 at 2:07am
Sorry to get in on this late, but when I first read it, I thought I'd be preaching to the choir anyway.

In addition to having awesome hair, entiat, it looks like you have amazing bangs. I wouldn't change a thing.

Bob, that line is great. I still remember a few years ago at our local big box store when a man saw a woman in her early 40s with magnificent thigh-length hair and muttered to his wife, "Why don't you grow your hair like that?" The wife, who was probably closer to 50, just rolled her eyes.
Who has more fun than people?
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2008 at 6:02pm
IRL, I've never met ONE guy that perfered short hair on women. I cut my hair when I turned 40 thinking thats what I'm "suppose" to do. My DH told me I looked good, but I could always see the disapointment on his face every time I got it cut. He is thrilled I'm letting it grow again.

I agree, Bob your the best! Wink
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2008 at 2:58pm
[QUOTE=30isthenewblack]You are awesome Bob.
     That is so kind of you to say, 30. Thank you!! Embarrassed
     Entiat, I work with a LOT of people, and if I could have  the proverbial nickel for every time I've heard guys say they wish their SO's would grow or keep their hair long, and every time I've heard wives say their guys hate their short cuts, or roll their eyes when I ask if the DH loved their long hair, I could fill a quart jug. So yes, it's very true! Big%20smile Blessings, Bob
30isthenewblack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 30isthenewblack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2008 at 5:53pm
You are awesome Bob. I love reading your comments popcorn I think most men prefer long hair as well and wish that their partners would grow their hair long but are too afraid to say so! I had one ex boyfriend who told me I should cut my hair but I know that's because he was insecure and I got so much attention with my longer hair. So I kept the hair and lost the boy ... hahahaha!
www.30isthenewblack.com
entiat4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote entiat4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2008 at 12:58pm

Bob really? Embarrassed wow, that makes me feel better. I'll try to think of that myself next time he says something.Smile  I feel better already.  It must be a age thing. I've noticed that men over 40 prefer long hair because they remember when long hair was the style and men under 35 like short hair because they've never really seen long hair (not what i call long anyway). who knows? but i wish he'd love long hair!

Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2008 at 12:34pm
       Absolutely magnificent, entiat. Tell your DH to "console" himself with the thought that guys by the droves wish they were *him* when you are by his side. LOL It's true, believe me! Bob
30isthenewblack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 30isthenewblack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2008 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by entiat4 entiat4 wrote:

Thanks paper.

hairbraider well i don't really brush it any more but i do kinda take a big toothed comb through it very gently because i can't stand the way it feels if i don't. but maybe next time i wash it i'll try letting it go and see how it looks when it's dry.

Welcome! I don't brush my hair either. I only finger comb my hair before styling. I use a conditioner only routine as well as minimising cones in my hair.
www.30isthenewblack.com
entiat4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote entiat4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2008 at 12:02pm
Thanks paper.

hairbraider well i don't really brush it any more but i do kinda take a big toothed comb through it very gently because i can't stand the way it feels if i don't. but maybe next time i wash it i'll try letting it go and see how it looks when it's dry.
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2008 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by entiat4 entiat4 wrote:

It is very curly. On rainy days it looks like a big bush Stern%20Smile.  I usually fix up the top layer so it don't look SO thick and bushy. I hope when it get's longer it wont look so bushy Smile. guess if i wouldn't brush out the curls it wouldn't look so bushy.

I assumed as much.  I never brush my hair.  I don't even comb it after washing.  That way the curls clump together and it looks much more shiny and healthy, less bushy. Smile  As it gains health it will look better too.
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2008 at 9:21am
Welcome to HB entiat4.

Your hair is really pretty. I see you are blessed with curly hair, so lucky.
entiat4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote entiat4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2008 at 5:55pm
It is very curly. On rainy days it looks like a big bush Stern%20Smile.  I usually fix up the top layer so it don't look SO thick and bushy. I hope when it get's longer it wont look so bushy Smile. guess if i wouldn't brush out the curls it wouldn't look so bushy.
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2008 at 3:18pm
Welcome!  I'm glad you found us too!  I hope we can give you the support and encouragement you need.

Does your hair have natural curl?  It looks like it has lots of body.
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
entiat4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote entiat4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2008 at 3:02pm
    Hello everyone! I am so glad to find this site! I have been growing my hair out for the last 2 years but my in-laws nor my husband are very supportive of me. My husband says  "Do what makes you happy" but he always makes comments that let me know he liked it better short Cry. Anyway, if I lived in my home State where my family is I know they would support me, they always do no matter what... but being here, well it's just hard. It's neat to find a site where you can find support in growing out your hair and I love finding all the different advise on hair care!

Anyway, my goal is floor length. I have been taking 1mg or 1000 mcg of biotin, prenatal vitamins (because I breast feed) and fish oil daily, along with prayer works wonders. It was above my shoulders 2 years ago. I hope by this time next year it will be at my upper thighs, I hope!

GEEZ, My pictures are too big, I don't know how to make the pictures little.

Edited by entiat4 - October 01 2008 at 3:08pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic