Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Winter No "heat" Challenge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2008 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by Vanity3 Vanity3 wrote:

Originally posted by _Princess_ _Princess_ wrote:

I wonder how people make them and phony ponies, how'd they attache the hair and all that

That one's easy.  You use weave hair on a track, and wrap it around your own hair.  Pinning the track in place as you go.  Then you take a piece of the weave, wrap it around the base of the pony tail to cover the tracks, and WALA!  you got a phony pony! 

You pin them with bobby pins?
Vanity3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanity3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2008 at 1:44pm
Yes, you pin the hair with bobby pins. 
Natural since March 2006

No "heat" challenge for Winter 08-09

public.fotki.com/Vanity3

keepitsimplesista.ning.com/profile/Vanity1920
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2008 at 6:43pm
Coo thanks..I'll try that one day. I also wonder how to make tha removable phony ponies
Gldspoon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gldspoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2008 at 10:01am
Originally posted by Vanity3 Vanity3 wrote:

I wonder how people make them and phony ponies, how'd they attache the hair and all that

That one's easy.  You use weave hair on a track, and wrap it around your own hair.  Pinning the track in place as you go.  Then you take a piece of the weave, wrap it around the base of the pony tail to cover the tracks, and WALA!  you got a phony pony! 

I used to do that all the time when I had relaxed hair. I had a great straight hair draw string pony tail but I also used a piece of curly hair and wrapped it around with pins when I wanted a curly look.

Welcome to My World! Beauty Tips for Black Women
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2008 at 11:30pm
How you hanging in there Vanity?
Vanity3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanity3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2008 at 12:51pm
I've been wearing a bun lately Unhappy.  You should join Keepitsimple, that's where I've been posting my pictures.  How have you been?  Wore your phony pony yet?

Edited by Vanity3 - November 03 2008 at 12:52pm
Natural since March 2006

public.fotki.com/Vanity3

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2008 at 1:38pm
I've been doing good, I've lost the urge to straighten my hair (for now LOL)

I've worn the ready made phony ponies I have, haven't tried to make the one using tha tracks yet...I might try it with the leftover hair I have from the clip-ons I made

Vanity3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanity3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2008 at 1:42pm

I've been doing good, I've lost the urge to straighten my hair (for now LOL)

I've worn the ready made phony ponies I have, haven't tried to make the one using tha tracks yet...I might try it with the leftover hair I have from the clip-ons I made

be sure to post pics when you do it.
Natural since March 2006

public.fotki.com/Vanity3

Gldspoon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gldspoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2008 at 3:14pm
Try to hold out ladies! It's the best thing you could do for your hair. I'm soooo glad I don't have that issue anymore. My think now is keeping the frizz down in my hair.

Keep up the good work!
Vanity3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanity3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2008 at 4:01am
i have resolved to just wear a wig for a while.  I can't take this not using heat. So I found a inexpensive human hair wig that I will rock for a while.  How are you ladies doing?
Natural since March 2006

public.fotki.com/Vanity3

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2008 at 7:48pm
I'm doing good, I've been wearing my clip-ins...I've been wanting to get another wig, a more causal looking one..if that makes sense lol
Vanity3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanity3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2008 at 11:41am
I'm wearing a half wig and loving it.  Best thing in the world!  I get to rock the straight hair look without using heat!  I may have found my answer!
Natural since March 2006

public.fotki.com/Vanity3

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2008 at 1:54pm
Thats good vanity! I like half wigs as well, though wheneva I wear them I have to have a headband or something ontop because my hair is too thin upfront to blend right/realistic like
Gldspoon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gldspoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2008 at 11:11am
Makes sense vanity. The half wig does sound like a good solution to wearing your hair straight with no heat.

My 2009 goals are to keep my hair healthy and get it past my shoulders finally.

Also doing a year long fitness challenge to get healthier and in shape! We're kicking that off the first week of the new year.

What are you guys doing for '09?

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2009 at 8:16pm
My 2009 goals are to keep my hair healthy: keep caring and protecting it and length wise would be to get to tha middle of my back, I'm near APL right now. And to get back in shape, I've slacked on tha exercise tip.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic