Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Just received Rex Lace unit-HELP ME PLEASE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dani31 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dani31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just received Rex Lace unit-HELP ME PLEASE
    Posted: October 14 2008 at 11:47pm
Hello if anyone here is a lace wig guru and is willing to help me it will be greatly appreciated. I just ordered and recieved my first lace unit from Rex of junpengwigs.com Anyway, I am supposed to have this thing installed on Thursday, and it is not what I expected.

I ordered

When I received it, it appeared to be relatively smooth, but it didn't look exactly like that picture. I gently washed and conditioned the unit with Dove Moisture Intensive Shampoo and Conditioner. After it dried, it is starting to show it's true quality. It looks pretty frizzy. There are shorter hairs spread out throughout the unit. Looks like a lot of flyaways. Also the knots are not bleached. Even though he told me they were. I emailed him and he said wash it. He just said we make many wigs. wash it! Well that is what I did and that is why I can now tell that it is not all the same length.

Here are a pic of the knots: Can anyone tell me what I can do to get rid of the little black dots. I can clearly see the grid and knots, so anyone else will definitely be able to tell it is not my hair.

Here is what the hair looks like now with the flyways:

Close up:

Can anyone offer any suggestions on fixing this unit, or should I cancel the install appointment, and take this as a lost? I hope not. :(

Edited by dani31 - October 14 2008 at 11:48pm
Shonita24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shonita24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2008 at 2:45pm
It's definately not a loss.....1st you have to bleach the knots...you may want to use the fake bleach method (check out the lace front newbie thread at the top of the forum topics)....what type of hair did you purchase?
"When someone shows you who they are, believe them"
RDYRED25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RDYRED25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2008 at 4:47pm
that is why i will always buy from an american vendor....alot of times when they get their wigs from china they will inspect them, wash them and make sure everything is right with the wig upon shipping...yes, it tends to be a little more money but it is worth it...i am expecting (3) from Breh and i am really xcited...Smile..i have bought from zara in the past and once she didnt ship me the wig b/c the ph balance was off...yes, i was a little disappointed but it was better than having a wig with issues...i cant see the pics but you should be able to tame the flyaways if they are not that bad....
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2008 at 5:54pm
its not suppose to be all one length, its layered and that's how the ventilate it.. you will have to learn to bleach the knots its in the newbie thread on how to do it but you must leave it on long enough in the circumference area and sides and I usually do it to the top crown but not the whole wig..
dani31 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dani31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2008 at 7:58pm
Thank you so much for the advice. I went to the newbie thread, and I want to try the faux bleaching method, because I think I will mess the unit up trying to bleach them. I am still confused about what Sally Hansen product to buy. I went to Rite Aid, and there are several Sally Hansen Airbrush legs makeup colors, so I don't know which one to buy. There was also a bronze can called Airbrush Sun. I have light brown lace and I am Robin Givens complexion with a really light scalp. I have severe alopecia though, so I could shave off the hair I have left. Any suggestions on which spray to buy, so I can cover the knots? I bought the Got 2be freezed hair spray to seal the knots. Would it work to spray the lace with the hairspray, then the right color sally hansen, and then the hair spray again?
dani31 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dani31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2008 at 8:01pm
Shonita, I ordered

20", 1B#, straight , 22.5" cir , Indian remy hair , baby hair , bleached knots , full lace with stretch lace from ear to ear, light brown lace

sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2008 at 8:04pm
you need the 3M77 spray it helps also to seal the knots but it leaves a white residue then use the hair spray after that, and then use the jerome russell natural blonde its a temporary spray use a light coat, same with teh 3M 77 light, then use the sally hansen spray to color the cap. do all this while you turn the lace inside out and stuff the hair underneath the cap of the lace, and then stuff it down in a plastic cap so that the edges of the lace or colored.. if your almost bald you don't need a lot b/c your skin will show thru..
dani31 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dani31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2008 at 8:21pm
Thanks Sexi. I am going to go and buy the 3M77 spray. I looked everywhere for the Jerome Russell temporary blonde spray last night and I couldn't find it. Is it usually over near the hair dye boxes? I will try again tomorrow to find it. I noticed you said you use the nude Sally hansen spray. I didn't see a nude color at all in Rite Aid. I saw light glow, medium glow and deep glow airbrush legs. Should I try the deep glow or is that the one that makes it look orange? Also I spray all of these things all over the entire lace cap except the very edges where I apply the adhesive correct? Sorry for all of the questions, I am so clueless, and so scared I am going to ruin the unit. I just really need to get rid of these black dots and it will look so much better.
Shonita24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shonita24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2008 at 10:39am
Originally posted by dani31 dani31 wrote:

Shonita, I ordered

20", 1B#, straight , 22.5" cir , Indian remy hair , baby hair , bleached knots , full lace with stretch lace from ear to ear, light brown lace

It looks more like a #2, but you can work it girl.....just be patient it will all work out for you!!!

Good Luck!
"When someone shows you who they are, believe them"
dani31 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dani31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2008 at 1:26pm
Thanks Shonita. Yeah it is definitely a #2. I don't think it is the same wig as that stock wig in the picture I ordered. I plan to do my best with this unit, because I don't have time to be trying to ship anything back to China. lol

Ok, I am going to do this faux bleaching method tonight. Can someone please confirm that my interpretation of this procedure is right?

Turn cap inside out and stuff all hair inside cap
Put wig inside shower cap, and cover the edges of the wig all around with shower cap (1 inch or so?)
Lightly spray cap with 3m77 spray one time
Lightly spray cap with Got 2be glued hair spray
Lightly spray with Jerome Russell Spray in Natural Blonde color
Light spray with Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs in Medium Glow (Is this the correct color to buy if I am Robin Givens Complexion?) Actually you can see my complexion on the pic of me holding the unit.
(Am I supposed to wait any certain amount of time before each application of the various sprays?)
Let dry
Then I can have the lace unit applied and it will look like it is coming out of my scalp with the ability to part anywhere and all of the ugly black knots will be gone right? There will be no need for a wig cap?

I apologize for being so elementary with this, but I don't know anything about hair, and I don't want this to turn into Operation Hot Mess.

THANKS!!

Edited by dani31 - October 16 2008 at 1:31pm
dani31 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dani31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2008 at 3:02pm
Bump, anyone? I am about to go to the store. lol
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2008 at 6:03pm
you don't have to let it dry inbetween the different applications but i usually let the cap sit in front of the floor fan b4 i apply it to my head for about 30 min..
dani31 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dani31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2008 at 8:40pm
It didn't work for my unit. Disaster.Cry

I looked EVERYWHERE for the 3m77. All I could find was the SUPER 3m77. I didn't buy it because I read on one of the threads not to use the Super kind. So I bought the Patricia Nimcook Acrylic Matte Sealer and that NEVER gets tacky. So I sprayed it twice with that nothing. So then I put the Got 2be glued hairspray. The Russell Jerome Spray in Natural Blonde followed by Sally Hansen Medium Glow Airbrush Legs.

Turned it over and I still have black dots, and gold sparkles EVERY WHERE. That Natural Blonde spray left gold sparkles all over the cap, the roots, and on some of the hair strands.

At this point do I just wash and condition? Do I use a clarify shampoo to get all of these sparkles off?

I also bought some Sally Hansen facial bleach, but I decided not to use it and did the faux bleaching method instead. Should I use that? I read on one thread where a lady did that and the hair just washed down the drain. Fell out. I am supposed to get an install tomorrow.

HELP please!Unhappy
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2008 at 7:26am
Originally posted by dani31 dani31 wrote:

It didn't work for my unit. Disaster.Cry

I looked EVERYWHERE for the 3m77. All I could find was the SUPER 3m77. I didn't buy it because I read on one of the threads not to use the Super kind. So I bought the Patricia Nimcook Acrylic Matte Sealer and that NEVER gets tacky. So I sprayed it twice with that nothing. So then I put the Got 2be glued hairspray. The Russell Jerome Spray in Natural Blonde followed by Sally Hansen Medium Glow Airbrush Legs.

Turned it over and I still have black dots, and gold sparkles EVERY WHERE. That Natural Blonde spray left gold sparkles all over the cap, the roots, and on some of the hair strands.

At this point do I just wash and condition? Do I use a clarify shampoo to get all of these sparkles off?

I also bought some Sally Hansen facial bleach, but I decided not to use it and did the faux bleaching method instead. Should I use that? I read on one thread where a lady did that and the hair just washed down the drain. Fell out. I am supposed to get an install tomorrow.

HELP please!Unhappy

The Jerome Russell washes off, BUT PLEASE DON'T USE THAT SALLY HANSEN BLEACHING IT WILL BURN YOUR KNOTS OUT AND YOUR WIG WILL BE BALDED. if your gonna attempt the bleaching knots for real, just loreal super blonde kit and please leave it on for the full time allowed.. 30 minutes or 35..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic