Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alopecia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alopecia
    Posted: October 16 2008 at 3:45pm
Anyone familiar with it/diagnosed with alopecia or knows anyone who is and was successful with re-growing their hair?
hairlessdresser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairlessdresser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2008 at 9:02pm
i have been experiencing hair loss for about 2 years and was recently (finally) diagnosed with Alopecia Areata

it is an autoimmune disease that causes the body to attack the hair and reject it.
there is no cure, but there are several treatment options

you can find a lot of helpful information and support on the National Alopecia Areata Foundation website- www.naaf.org

symptoms are confined to the hair, skin and nails, but can occur anywhere on the body (for example, i lose hair all over my body, from my head to my toes)

does that help?
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2009 at 10:31pm
Thanks for responding. I was just wondering if there were any specific products that could help with it, because I've heard of people who have said that certain products helped re-grow their hair.

Ex: Some have said Mega-Tek helped re-grow lost hair...negative on my end.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic