Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Yet Another Happy Classmate Story

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yet Another Happy Classmate Story
    Posted: October 18 2008 at 3:24pm
     Oh about 2 years ago, I ran into a classmate whom I had only seen once in about 30 years since graduation. Now, I had known from a while back that Dotty had kept her hair long, b/c an exasperated SIL of hers with whom I worked told me, "She's NEVER going to cut her hair. We give up already."
     So when I had seen her in a local supermarket two years past, I wasn't shocked to see it long, a few inches below BS length. I greeted her and her beautiful teen DD and after amenities, I told her that it was great to see someone our age who hadn't done the mid-age chop. Dotty replied that she'sd really been thinking of cutting it short of late, that she was really feeling "too old", and that it was time! I retorted that IMO, women who kept their hair long and gorgeous, as hers clearly was, look so much younger and lovelier. I turned to her DD, and asked her, "Am I right?" The girl's eyes looked upwards and she nodded heartily.
     Well, last Tuesday, wouldn't you know it, there was Dotty. Her hair was several inches longer than it had been at our last meeting! I didn't mention hair this time, but that same DD was with her again, and *hers* was almost as long as Mom's now, too. I don't think that I *needed* to say a thing. I'll never know if my words of encouragement helped, but I guess they didn't hurt any! (lol) Smile Cordially, Bob
     P.S. Dotty could easily pass for early to mid-thirties. Some is genetics, but some is *definitely* that silky hair of hers.

Edited by Bob S - October 18 2008 at 3:27pm
30isthenewblack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 30isthenewblack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2008 at 4:01pm
Good job Bob S. If you educate the long hairs in the northern hemisphere and I'll do my bit in the southern hemisphere, we'll have it all covered Tongue I wrote a post in my blog about this very matter - http://30isthenewblack.com/2008/06/01/a-womans-right-to-choose/
www.30isthenewblack.com
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2008 at 6:05pm
Thats great you said something to her 2 yrs ago. I bet that did help her change her mind from cutting. I think too, women look younger with longer hair.
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2008 at 2:20pm
I think you planted a seed!  At her young age she will for sure remember a man said long hair was great!
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic