Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HELP!! Perm has gone wrong - done in wrong order
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HELP!! Perm has gone wrong - done in wrong order

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ladiesman123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladiesman123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP!! Perm has gone wrong - done in wrong order
    Posted: October 20 2008 at 3:07pm
Hi I need some help from anyone with any experience.

My friend who is a hairstylist was perming my hair but got the two bottles the wrong way round, so I sat with my hair in curlers and she applied neutraliser for about 20 minutes and when she took the curlers out obviously there was no curls.   She then rinsed my hair using the perming solution (instead of the neutraliser).   She realised the mistake later and she is obviously distraught. However, my hair is badly damaged.    My hair is now not curly, dry, gone a funny green colour (my hair is naturally dark brown with hint of red), has no shine at all.

Does anyone have any good ideas how I can get my hair back to some sort of normality.   So i understand the perming process works by the perming solution breaking down the hair so it can be shaped and then the neutraliser adds hydrogen back into the hair to make it strong again and set in place.   In reverse, I think I have practically had my hair bleached and then broken down (the rinse in perming lotion was obviously only for a few minutes).   It was the Goldwell Perm (Evo Perm) that was used.

Any help would be appreciated

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic