Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - My hair finally gets long, and I want to cut if off????
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My hair finally gets long, and I want to cut if off????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kellyp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellyp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My hair finally gets long, and I want to cut if off????
    Posted: March 24 2003 at 8:17am
What's up with that????? It always seems like when I grow my hair out, I just get soooo bored with it and although I like it long, it just seems to start HANGING without a good style. I have been extremely brave in the past, getting a Winona Ryder Pixie style, which did look good and was extremely easy, however, I do have a decent texture hair, it is fine, but not soooo fine, that it gets stringy. I'ts at my shoulders now with some long layers in it. I have some flatness at my crown area and top of my head, which is driving me crazy! It makes me want to cut bangs, which I had posted a couple of days ago. After growing out my short hair, I went through many COOL stages of hairstyles, like choppy bobs, bobs that were shorter in back, longer in front, ect. It's just so frustrating, because so many people are like, wow, you're hair is finally getting long, it looks good. However, sometimes it takes a while just to get it to look the way I want and I fight with the front top section of my hair because it is more fine there, especially after having two kids.

I wonder what kind of style I could get that would be good for me? I have an oval -ever so slightly longer face and my hair is slightly wavy and can get frizzy. When I blow it it can get really straight and shiny, but if I try to leave it natural, it gets a little frizzy and not quite enough curl to leave it wavy. Sometimes I contemplate a perm, like a spiral but it's been YEARS since I've had it curly, which I loved! My hubby loves my hair curly and wild, but it seems to be an outdated look for me. I know the 80's fashion and stuff is coming back, but is that style back? Do people still perm their hair? Are there new perms out there?

Sorry to ramble, but, what would you do???

Thanks,

Kelly

If you have any pictures or websites to help, please do so.

Related Website: -
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2003 at 4:23am
Kelly,

I'd hate to see you cut it after working so hard to grow it out. I personally don't think perms are "out", there are lots of people wearing curly hair now. It's timeless. I am sure with a good stylist, you can get an "updated" curly look that you will love, if that's what you really want. I bet the products are better today than they were in the 80's as well.

Please let us know things turn out.

[/url]

duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2003 at 12:17pm
Perms wreck your hair. I would avoid them like the plague. Who cares what's
fashionable, do what you like, but I suggest if you want curls, get temporary
ones. No need to use reeking, corrosive chemicals that weaken your hair,
poison your scalp, and fry your hair if not used carefully.

Let curly AND straight hair be timeless!
MissSagittarius View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissSagittarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2003 at 12:44am
Yea me too. I love getting my hair cut. I wish I could grow it really long.
wheeler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheeler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2003 at 1:41pm
Whatever you do decide to do I would not cut it more than a few inches shorter. I've had this problem also, and being the indecisive person that I am I chopped it off because I was so bored with the style. I wish I had never done that and I really regret it!
Until you value yourself, you will not value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.
- M. Scott Peck
papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2003 at 7:47pm
I'd take a look at the hairboutique.com gallery. You can do a search according to your hair texture, length, and your face shape.

Finding a style to suit what you have now may take awhile, but it's defnitely worth it when you look at a picture and go, "yeah, that's it!"

also, sometimes it's better to take a look at the hairstyle oriented magazines, like 101 Hairstyles, New Ideas for Hairstyling, etc., than the usual beauty magazines. The former is for particular haircuts, while the models in the latter have had hairstylists, makeup artists, etc. to make them look that great.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic