Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_steve_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _steve_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A question
    Posted: March 26 2003 at 1:51am
I am thinking of changing professions and maybe getting into hair styling. It is something I have always been interested in since I was little. I don't know why, I am currently unhappy in my job and I think maybe I should be following these interests instead of ignoring them. I was wondering if some one could help answer some of my questions.

How long does it take to finish schooling in hair styling?

What classes do you think are necessary to be a good professional in this field?

What traits do you think are necessary to be a good professional in this field?

On an average how long does schooling take?

How much on average does it cost to go to school for this field?
I am worried because it seems like schooling is during times I would normal be working and I have a credit card debt so I do not have a lot of money.

What is the average salery somone makes in this field?

What are the best ways to really excel in this field and make a good profit?

And last do you think if some one is 30 years of age it is to old to get into this field?

What are some of the top hair schools in the US?

If hope I did not ask to many questions.

thanks for reading
_steve_
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2003 at 8:51am
Originally posted by _steve_ _steve_ wrote:

I am thinking of changing professions and maybe getting into hair styling. It is something I have always been interested in since I was little. I don't know why, I am currently unhappy in my job and I think maybe I should be following these interests instead of ignoring them. I was wondering if some one could help answer some of my questions.

How long does it take to finish schooling in hair styling?

What classes do you think are necessary to be a good professional in this field?

What traits do you think are necessary to be a good professional in this field?

On an average how long does schooling take?

How much on average does it cost to go to school for this field?
I am worried because it seems like schooling is during times I would normal be working and I have a credit card debt so I do not have a lot of money.

What is the average salery somone makes in this field?

What are the best ways to really excel in this field and make a good profit?

And last do you think if some one is 30 years of age it is to old to get into this field?

What are some of the top hair schools in the US?

If hope I did not ask to many questions.

thanks for reading
_steve_

Hi Steve:

Go for it!!! We need great Stylists.

I don't know where you are But ...Here in Michigan...1500 hours in a school for hair styling, and there are some really good ones as well as not so good. Or 2 years approximately if you apprentice.

The schooling will guide you in what classes are most important...do it all and maybe you will decide to specialize...??..

Average cost vary greatly...depending on the school. Apprenticing may not cost you anything accept time if you find the right person to apprentice you.

I know people used to be able to get Gov. Grants to go to school...I don't know if this is still true.

Contact some of the schools in your area...they are more than happy to answer some of these financial questions.

This field is just like any other....some make great money....some do not.

I have a friend that grosses $400,000, (the net on that is probably just under 200,000...I know what my costs are, so I'm going by that) Now, he has been doing hair for nearly 20 years...he has 2 assistants....and he works very very hard.

I personally the potential to make $$ is better for a man....especially a 30 year old man...Women love male Stylists.

I would ask myself these ??? Do I Love people? Especially women...can I hang out with them ALL DAY?? If the answers to these questions are yes....the hair thing can be learned and later developed.

Cheers!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic