Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What did I do wrong w/ my olive oil conditioning treatment.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What did I do wrong w/ my olive oil conditioning treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Savage Gardener View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Savage Gardener Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What did I do wrong w/ my olive oil conditioning treatment.
    Posted: April 04 2003 at 4:06pm
LOL, I remember when I tried the whole olive oil thing. One word: Eeeeeeew!

BrendaH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendaH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2003 at 1:31pm
Hello,,,,
Hope I can help.... I just did the EV Olive oil treatment before I go to work,,,
It all depends on the leanth of your hair... mine is a couple of inches past my shoulders and I have fine hair... I wish it was think...
You don't need that much Oil.. but again depends on the leanth and hair type...
What I do is take about 1/4 cup of EV Olive Oil and warm it up,, so it is easyer to spread... I put some in my palm of my hand and rub both hands together. and then start at the ends and work my way up to the top of my ears, and let it set for an hour, I either wrap it in a warm towal or use a blow dyer for about 5 minutes..and run my fingers in my hair where the oil is...
Then get in the shower and just wash my head and let the shampoo run down the rest when i rinse.. don't use a clearafier shampoo, you are just defeting the hot oil treatment.. Then I put conditioner on the bottom, from my ears down, and what is left on my hands, I just spread it on the rest of the hair on top...
Sorry about any misspelled words,, in a rush,, got to go to work...
Hope this helps..
Hairs to you
Brendah

'P.S I alwasys have EV Olive oil left over for the next time and just add more....
Lily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2003 at 1:04pm
Well this is disturbing. I was just thinking about doing the olive oil therapy on my hair, but now I'll think again.....
Evita View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2003 at 6:50pm
Hello,

I have been thinking about trying the home hot oil treatments and have read a lot on the net about the Extra Virgin Olive Oil treatments that everyone raves about. So I went to the Whole Foods in my area and bought a huge bottle. I slathered it all over my hair, wrapped a plastic shower cap over it and then a hot towel on top of that.

So far so good BUT then I could not get the oil out of my hair. I tried and tried to get the oil out and I even shampooed my hair three times to get it all out. My hair still felt slimy and yucky and it felt really awful, like scratchy brillow or something. It was really dry and tangled and yucky. I was so upset. OK. So what did I do wrong? What happened?

Yuck, yuck, yuck.

Any thoughts?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic